At C&S Wholesale Grocers , we strive to exceed our customers’ expectations by providing them with the best products, the best service and the best prices. That might seem like a fairly simple philosophy, but it’s been the key to our rapid growth and success. Like any organization, it’s the people that make the difference.
The Perishables Produce Associate Buyer will maintain agreed upon service levels by customer while adhering to budgeted inventory levels, engage with customers on service levels, and partner with vendors to successfully manage all aspects of product flow.
- Procure product from branded and non branded vendors
- Achieve targeted customer service level rates by monitoring, identifying, reacting to, communicating, and solving potential issues
- Negotiate with vendors and customers to maximize product flow, manage inventory levels and coordinate action against close coded, expired and other unproductive inventory
- Accomplish budgeted inventory levels, utilizing system tools to analyze and react to trends. Work with team-members to achieve established goals
- Maintain ordering parameters and accurate manufacturer and item information. Consistently validate forecasting and item information to ensure synchronization of customer and vendor systems
- Collaborate with manufacturers, internal department, and support staff to accomplish both team and company goals
- Interact with customers to communicate successes and resolve issues
- Partner with the merchandising group on new items, maintenance, and achievement of gross profit goals
- Work with the warehouse group on inbound order issues, returns, vendor recalls, and prioritization of loads
- Participate in daily team meetings to ensure communication on implementation and status of company initiatives
- Support department efforts during non traditional hours ensuring overall department goals are met
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
C&S offers excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, 401K with company contributions, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation and the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Two years relevant experience preferred
- Sound statistical acumen, interpretation and analytical ability
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S
An Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
C&S Wholesale Grocers is the lead supply chain company in the food industry today – and the largest wholesale grocery supply...