"HOW WILL I BE CHALLENGED?"
Key Performance Indicators:
- Review the business requirements documented in client system development requests. Verify the completeness of submitted requirements, and that they accurately describe the system function/process/behavior to be implemented. Assist project managers in estimating the resources required to implement submitted requests.
- Serve as a team member on assigned web software projects. Actively participate in all phases of the SDM.
- Design, develop, unit test, system test, debug, and implement software code for web site components based on business requirements and QA standards. Research and correct programming application defects identified during testing.
- Collaborate with web team members and client to design the look and feel of web application user interfaces. Design web applications to meet industry-standard best practices in web design, functionality, and usability.
- Review and assess packaged web applications and web-based technologies. Recommend the implementation of packaged system and web technologies for projects based on technical and business requirements. Verify that all technical solutions are compatible with the overall AAB.
- Collaborate with the enterprise architecture team in the development and implementation of interface solutions to enterprise systems as required. Leverage middleware technologies to reduce development time and costs when possible. Design, code, and test interfaces as required.
- Create technical design documents, application prototypes, and development plans based on business requirements. Assist business analysts in developing business requirements for web applications.
- Assist Infrastructure team members in the configuration of hardware and system software for web applications and development tools.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new technologies that may meet future business requirements and enhance web systems/applications.
- Create and share system documentation for all web development systems and applications.
- Train and mentor junior web developers on web applications and technologies.
- Verify clients receive all training necessary to use new/enhanced web applications. Create and maintain user guides for clients as required
- Maintain appropriate controls and safeguards for all web applications.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with other IT teams, including the Quality Assurance, Enterprise Architecture, and Web Development teams.
- Identify and recommend process improvements that increase the effectiveness the Web Development team.
- Perform other duties and complete special projects as assigned.
"HOW CAN I BE CONSIDERED?"
- Client requirements proactively reviewed for completeness and accuracy
- Development projects completed on time and within budget, meeting all business requirements
- Web applications are intuitive, industry standard, and have a high degree of usability
- Interfaces to back end applications meet business requirements and are scalable, highly available, and performance
- Web development meets all ADF, SDM, and QA standards
- Effective working relationships with clients and IT team members
- Cross functional communication and knowledge sharing
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing others
Business Systems Knowledge:
- Technical degree or certification in Software Engineering or Information Systems, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 7 years of experience in web programming analysis, design, and development
- Prior experience designing and implementing web services
- Understanding of contemporary web development technologies and techniques
- Understanding of use interface design and standards
- Understanding of web usability, data modeling, and workflow concepts
- Thorough knowledge of infrastructure, application programming, web, and software applications
- Experience using an SDM in developing web applications
- Experience working with an industry standard Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Client server and web environments, including .Net C#, ASP, SQL Server, Windows 200X, HTML, JSP, Java, etc..
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Customer focus
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate and function in a matrixed environment
Search Leaders - 9 months ago
Search Leaders is a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. On a national basis, Search Leaders taps a passive resource pool that yo...