We love what we do. We're growing. And we're hiring. Think you have what it takes? Apply now!
Please, no recruiters or staffing agencies.
MySQL Database Administrator - Florida / NYC
3Cinteractive®, named America’s Most Promising Company by Forbes and one of Florida’s Best Companies To Work For by Florida Trend, is currently looking to hire a MySQL Database Administrator. We’re experiencing rapid growth and we’re looking for motivated, talented individuals to join our team at our global headquarters in Boca Raton, FL!
At 3Ci, we strive to put team members in the best position to succeed both at their job and personally. Our culture is built around respect, passion, teamwork, innovation, success and most importantly – enjoying what we do. Our company culture and innovative personality is reflected in the vibrant, urban playground theme of our office.
The MySQL Database Administrator will plan, document, coordinate, and perform day-to-day database administration. This role will make on-line and off-line configuration changes in support of operations, tests, or exercises. In addition, the MySQL Database Administrator will coordinate changes with customers, sales, support, and developers and assist in administering the enterprise.
The ideal candidate must be creative, work well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and be able to focus and remain calm in high-pressure situations.
This position also requires a candidate that enjoys delivering the world’s most innovative mobile solutions to the biggest brands in the world – in an exciting, passionate environment!
- Manage, monitor and optimize high volume MySQL instances
- Support the database needs of the architects and developers
- Provide 24/7 support for critical situations
- Manage and monitor MySQL replication
- Design and document database architecture
- Install, configure, and maintain MySQL databases
- Manage and monitor MySQL backup/recovery
- Install and test upgrades and patches
Other desirable skills/knowledge to have
- At least two years of experience administering large enterprise MySQL/RDBMS installations (V5x) in a Unix/Linux environment to maintain production databases
- Experience with data warehouses, ETL processes and Pentaho tools
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with shell scripting, Linux preferred
- MySQL server and query performance experience
- Familiarity with MYISAM and INNODB storage engines
- Experience with Kanban/Agile methodology
- Familiarity with predictive analytic tools
- Distributed computing technologies, Hadoop preferred
- Production experience with MongoDB
- Knowledge of other NoSQL technologies including graph databases, Neo4j preferred
- Experience with Percona tools
- Understanding of cloud services, e.g. Amazon AWS