Project Manager II - Advanced Sales
Reports to: EIBU Business Development MGR
Department: EIBU Business Development
Business Unit/Office: EIBU
Career Level: IC4
The information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the associate. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the job.
Reporting directly to Electronics & Instrumentation Business Development Lead and indirectly to Business Unit Commercial Leads, this position drives EIBU commercial and product promotion activities including, but not limited to: new business & customer development, RFQ activities, customer interface, needs identification & products development, pricing strategy / negotiations, agreement interpretation, networking with customers and the development of EIBU Sales Strategy in alignment with EIBU/YNCA-BU Strategies. Serves as a central EIBU point of contact for commercial & RFQ opportunities with YNCA-BUs, EIBU Product Management / Program Management / Finance, and possibly customers in coordination with BUs Sales (Buyer, program team, Finance, Product Management, etc.).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Promote EIBU Product Portfolio and Capabilities
o Develop a solid understanding of EIBU Business Strategy, product offerings and capabilities
o Define customer needs/wants/expectations/requirements
o Identify Key Customer contacts
o Communicate market requirements to EIBU key functional groups and YNCA BU Commercial Leads
o Work with EIBU Product Management & BU Commercial Leads on promotion plan
o Promote and follow-up with customers and internal functional groups
• Regular Face-to-face customer meetings
• Trade Shows/Technical Meetings: Prepare for and participate in trade shows or technical meetings for the purpose of building business relationships.
• Business Opportunities Forecasting
o Identify business opportunities, RFQs, while aligning with EIBU & YNCA-BU Business Strategy
o Compile forecast data (Customer, Program, RFQ Timing, Volumes…) from several sources.
o Maintain accurate Opportunity database
o Analyze and formulate forecasts for both short and long-term (seven years)
o Provide weekly updates to EIBU Leadership Team
o Act as a liaison between sales and other non-sales functions
o Participate in EIBU Sales & Operation Planning Process
• Business & Sales Strategy Development
Support the Business Development team in the various strategic business & market analysis required for the development of EIBU Product, Technology, Manufacturing, Marketing and Sales Strategies.
• RFQ Support
o Drive identified business opportunities into YNCA’s YPMS Process
o Develop Pricing Strategy:
• Understand competitive environment to effectively evaluate sales price and purchase price data
• Develop in coordination with EIBU Product Management, Costing, Finance and BU Commercial Team a pricing strategy for the identified opportunities.
• Communicate Pricing Strategy to EIBU Leadership Team
o Coordinate RFQ activities with BU Commercial Team (Sales, Account Management ….)
o Support Customer Submission Price Breakdown Analysis (GM1804,….)
• Sales Request - Inform, coordinate requests from customers and internal affiliates.
• Pricing Inquiries - Respond in coordination with BU Commercial Team to inquiries from company and customer personnel regarding pricing issues.
• Pricing Implementation:
o Implement price increases / LTAs for sourced programs in coordination with EIBU Product Management, Costing and BU Commercial Team.
o Maintain Price Tracking database
• Profitability Analysis, Improvement & Execution Management
o Prepare as required Financial Analysis to evaluate business opportunities
o Recommend costing and overall profit improvement ideas.
o Recommend profit improvement implementation plans.
• Customer Inquiries - Respond in coordination with BU Commercial Team to customer or potential customer requests for information and/or problem solving.
• Relationship Development
o Cultivate and maintain appropriate customer relationships with key customer individuals
o Coordinate with BUs Commercial Team major customer entertainment events (golf outings, concerts, black ties, tech shows, SAE, Convergence, etc.) as necessary
o Understand and report changes to customer processes/structure/decision makers
• WWS Support - Represent EIBU at WWS
Degree Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) preferred
Certification Requirements: N/A
• 5 years + experience in Product Sales, or Business / Product Development for Tier 1 automotive supplier.
• Knowledge of in-vehicle Driver Information Products such as Instrument cluster, Head Up Display (HUD), Infotainment, HMI, Body Electronics and Power Distribution solutions.
• Experience in Business and Strategic Analysis Methodologies.
• Experience in Business Forecasting and Profitability Analysis.
Travel Requirements: Occasional local travel required for customer visits; occasional domestic and international travel as required to meet customer and internal needs
On Call Requirements: As required by customer or internal deliverables
Physical Requirements: Office position – primarily sedentary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disability to perform the essential functions.
Negotiation and presentation skills
Problem solving and technical aptitude
Communication skills and team environment related strengths
Decision making capabilities
Computer related skills such as PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for company sponsorship for employment visa status
Your ability to interact with your car's computer system might be pre-determined by its YNA. Yazaki North America (YNA) is a leading...