Part of Group Technology & Operations, Global Business Services (Operations) encompasses the people and processes that back up global deal-making. Every day, they make sure that billions of trades are settled, risk is minimized and clients are satisfied.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Contribute in providing quality service by ensuring the integrity of physical secured room Unissued and Issued bond certificates to its corresponding system data inventory. Assure the adherence to strict security procedures regarding the safekeeping of vaulted securities. Coordinate the process of system request to physical certificate printing of newly issued bonds as the outcome of the transfer process. Shipping of newly issued certificates to their proper destinations depending upon the stated instructions or type of transaction. Destruction of unissued registered certificate inventory and preparation of destruction certificates on instructions received from CTAG Administration. Account for all cancelled certificates via the Transfer and Redemption process. Receive and log paper and electronic documents. Prepare, scan, verify and archive documents. Complete reconciliation’s on all Issued definitive notes and Unissued Inventory. Research and complete verification requests from auditors. Participate in quarterly scans and counts for all secured room securities.
TRAINING Required: O n-the-job training.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (The Fundamental Job Duties):
- Demonstrate the ability to apply formal training to specific responsibilities on the job.
- Responsible for the storage and inventory of (physical to system) unissued and issued registered security certificates.
- Receive, acknowledge and count all unissued certificate inventory received at the Jacksonville location.
- Open, ticket and distribute all incoming mail for TSO.
- Safeguard security vault during business hours by following set security guidelines restricting access to pre-determined authorized personnel.
- Withdraw from the vault, securities being called for printing by one of the CTAG registered security holder systems (SABER, SUNSTAR).
- Using system reports and on-line system information, print new registered securityholder information.
- Matching of newly issued certificates with relevant control tickets. DTC SCL’s or other correspondence.
- Return of securities to the Depository Trust Company via courier.
- Shipping (mailing) of newly issued certificates to presentors requesting mail return. This requires determining which items are to be shipped via First Class/FedEx and the updating of systems to reflect this information.
- Coordinating and processing large certificate print requests when necessary.
- Scan canceled certificates for future research purposes.
- Reconcile canceled certificates to Redemption/Transfer daily reports.
- Prepare canceled certificates for destruction via reports
- Scan documents into DocSmart system as required by Client Administration.
- Assist with large mailings as requested by Client Administration.
- Prepare and update department procedures as directed by Unit Manager.
- Process Collateral items deposited by Client Administration on a daily basis.
- Process Global Notes deposited by Client Administration on a daily basis.
- Complete Audit confirmations.
- Communicate and complete requests for client services.
- Participate in all Secured Room Service audits and adhere to all audit guidelines.
- Complete all assigned Secured Room projects.
- Complete check requests from all payment units.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Good communications skills.
- Reading and listening skills.
- Ability to respond to requests from client services and / or other units.
- Maintain a positive attitude and level of enthusiasm about your position and the success of your unit.
- Ability to work effectively within the unit as a team and among CTAS pears.
- Ability to establish a level of credibility and integrity within Corporate Trust.
- Ability to lead the unit in manager’s absence.
- Maintain a professional and well-groomed appearance at all times.
- Respond to pears and management in a timely and articulate manner.
- Comply with Deutsche Bank Company policies and practices.
- Manage time and maintain organization of work responsibilities and requests effectively.
-Saber -CTT -Vault Service System
- Complete understanding of Saber and Sunstar reports used in initiating and/or monitoring certificate inventory for printing and general inventory maintenance/replenishment. Proficiency on the following CTAS systems by the end of three months service:
-Sunstar -PC based shipping ledger -RMDS
-MS Word -MS Excel -MS Access
- Ability to operate special equipment necessary to print large batches of certificates quickly and accurately.
Problem Resolution/Decision Making Responsibility:
- Recognize problems in processing and assist in correcting/resolving them.
- Recommend and implement process improvements.
- Close attention to detail required.
- Ability to be organized with large volumes of work.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Trust and Agency experience recommended.
- PC skills/experience required.
- Able to work independently on required task with little supervision.
- Ability to focus on detail.
- Ability to lift heavy packages for shipping/storage.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Oral communication skills to articulate problems and respond to inquires between the Vault and other units.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT:
Equipment Occasionally Frequently Continuously
(1-33%) (33-66%) (67-100%)
Personal Computer X
Special Printing Equip. X
Fax machine X
Approximate Percentage of Time During The Normal Work day Is Required To:
40% Stand / Certificate and Check Preparation / Vault
20% Movement within office (50-100 feet from desk to vault/copier/fax
20% Lift/Move Securities (10-50 pounds)
WEIGHT REQUIRED TO BE LIFTED EACH NORMAL WORKDAY:
10-50 LBS (Frequently)
The lifting and carrying requirements:
Boxed Securities/Archive boxes approximately 50 feet in distance.
Handling FedEx and DHL boxes received daily.
At Deutsche Bank, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action (M/F/D/V) employer.
Deutsche Bank AG is one of the top financial groups in the world and the largest bank in Germany, where it operates about 2,000 retail...