The Urgency Room, operated by Emergency Physicians PA, offers a new and better way for patients to receive emergency medical care. We are currently accepting resumes for Medical Laboratory Technologist or Technician to work in our new clinic to open in Vadanis Heights, with possible availability in our other locations, Eagan or Woodbury, MN.
A variety of shifts are available, including casual positions. The Urgency Room provides great care to patients 365 days a year, positions will include weekend and holiday hours.
Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 2 years hospital laboratory experience and are ASCP certified.
The Urgency Room offers very competitive wages and benefits package for qualified positions.
Job Title : Laboratory Technician
Reports To : Clinic Manager
Status: Non exempt
Purpose : The Laboratory Technician provides direct patient care by utilizing his/her skill and expertise with venipuncture and point of care testing to complement the other members of the team. The Laboratory technician may take direction from the physician or registered nurse for those areas which require a licensed practitioner. This position is primarily responsible for the clinical and operational management of all laboratory equipment, processes and patient results communication. This position will also manage the quality control and quality assurance portions of the laboratory in collaboration with the laboratory medical director. In addition, any audits or information needed to update CLIA certification is the responsibility of this position.
Key Result Areas : The primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
1. Implement and follow a laboratory quality improvement and quality control plan in collaboration with the laboratory medical director.
2. Perform phlebotomy and point of care testing.
3. Order and cancel tests in the electronic medical direction with direction from the licensed provider.
4. Restock and maintain appropriate laboratory inventory supply levels.
5. Collect and record pertinent patient data needed for interpretation of laboratory tests.
6. Document direct patient care tasks and responses to those tasks.
7. Communicate pertinent patient laboratory data clearly, concisely, and in a timely manner to the rest of the health care team.
8. Receive and process laboratory specimens.
9. Complete allocated non-direct patient care tasks as directed by the physician or registered nurse.
10. Provide excellent customer service.
11. Adhere to clinic policies and procedures.
12. Perform other tasks as required or assigned.
Education and Experience:
MLT or MT plus 5 years experience in a hospital or clinic laboratory setting.
- Laboratory Quality Assurance and quality control program experience.
- Expert phlebotomy skills with any age.
- Knowledge of sensitivity and specificity of various laboratory tests.
- Comfortable with a wide range of point of care testing devices.
- Familiar with appropriate clinical laboratory testing for various medical diagnoses.
- Ability to problem solve under pressure.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Strong prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Required Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Familiar with laboratory equipment and reporting systems.
- Familiar with use of various reagents and storage requirements
- Familiar with calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Fax Machine
- Computer (electronic health records)
- Photo Copier
- Walkie Talkie (cell phone)
- Nurse Call Light
Valid Minnesota Driver’s License or photo identification
Basic Life Support (BLS) and CPR
Urgent Care clinic environment. May work 8, 10, and 12 hour shifts. The person may be required to work some evening hours and weekends.
- Meet annual performance evaluation objectives.
- Support EPPA mission at all times.
- Demonstrate commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Display leadership in team building, focusing on optimizing employee morale.
- Development of new or improved operational practices.
- Maintain the highest quality standards for patient care at all times, as guided by the urgent care clinic quality improvement program and evidence-based care practices.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of the position and people in the position.
EPPA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer