Achieve More. Be Inspired. Make a Difference.
Be part of an exciting team dedicated to keeping America safe at home and abroad. Sotera Defense Solutions is seeking candidates with experience as a System Architect (Solaris/Unix, Linux, RedHat).
The rapidly changing and dynamic challenges our U.S. government customers face every day will inspire your ingenuity and challenge you to achieve more than you thought possible.
Join the Sotera team and put your ingenuity and skills to work to make a difference helping our national security customers achieve mission success.
Primary duties include performing systems administration, maintenance, and engineering in a large enterprise 24x7 server environments within one or more of the following environments - Solaris/UNIX, Linux, and Red Hat.
Systems Architect: Designs and develops solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Analyzes science, engineering, business, and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems. Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
Incorporates engineering strategies for introducing new technology into the Sponsor’s infrastructure related business processes, namely, Collection, Analysis, Production and Dissemination. Develops future technology and architectural advancements to support CIO architectural strategy, technology migration, and integration and evolution.
Applies knowledge of enterprise IT needs to design improved processes, generate valid requirements, and ensures these are consistent with the Sponsor’s CIO enterprise technical architecture (ETA) and Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA). Acts as an advisor and proposes changes to the ETA based on analysis of requirements and new technology. Works with appropriate parties to resolve discrepancies between proposed IT systems and enterprise quality and security standards. Provides technical and administrative direction for personnel performing software development tasks, makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations. Designs and develops computer software possessing a wide range of capabilities, including numerous engineering, business, and records management functions.
• Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
• Complete models and simulations, using manual or automated tools, to analyze or predict system performance under different operating conditions.
• Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
• Define and analyze objectives, scope, issues, or organizational impact of information systems.
• Design and conduct hardware or software tests.
• Develop or approve project plans, schedules, or budgets.
• Develop system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures.
• Direct the installation of operating systems, network or application software, or computer or network hardware.
• Direct the analysis, development, and operation of complete computer systems.
• Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
• Establish functional or system standards to ensure operational requirements, quality requirements, and design constraints are addressed.
• Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, or usability.
• Evaluate existing systems to determine effectiveness and suggest changes to meet organizational requirements.
• Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
• Investigate system component suitability for specified purposes and make recommendations regarding component use.
• Monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
• Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance operations, including installing or upgrading hardware or software.
• Perform security analyses of developed or packaged software components.
• Communicate project information through presentations, technical reports or white papers.
• Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
• Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
• Provide guidelines for implementing secure systems to customers or installation teams.
• Train system users in system operation or maintenance.
• Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
• Configure servers to meet functional specifications.
• Develop application-specific software.
• Develop efficient and effective system controllers.
• Research, test, or verify proper functioning of software patches and fixes.
• Define, document, and maintain the system and network architecture within the organization.
• Work as a team lead or member to evaluate and make tactical and strategic recommendations for the system architecture, architecture of the hardware, communications, data security, messaging, applications, office automation, printing, administration, support, performance, and availability.
• Lead or participate as a member of a team to assess and recommend a migration strategy to new technologies.
• Establish applicable standards and practices for development through the Developer's Forum(s) and the Sponsor’s Enterprise Technical Architecture.
• Provide guidance through support to developers on effects of bandwidth constraints on applications.
• Provide support staff daily supervision and direction.
• Develop plans for Information Technology (IT) systems from project inception to conclusion.
• Analyze the problem and the information to be processed.
• Define the problem, and develop system requirements and program specifications, from which programmers prepare detailed designs, programs, and tests.
• Coordinate with programmers to ensure proper implementation of program according to system specifications.
• Develop, in conjunction with functional users, system alternative solutions.
• Develop requirements for information systems from a project’s inception to conclusion.
• Develop required specifications for simple to complex systems.
• Assist computer system analysts in preparing input and test data for a proposed system.
• Establish system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of organizational - wide or large-scale information systems.
• Design architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
• Includes systems, programs, GCS groups, and Sponsor’s community to
• Promote interoperability and collaboration consistent with the DNI National Intelligence Strategy Mission and Enterprise Objectives
• Comply with the Sponsor’s Strategic Intent and Strategic Goals and Sponsor’s Enterprise Architecture Standards
• Ensure systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO) reference models, and profiles of standards - such as Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management (IM) solution of the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application.
• Evaluate analytically and systematically problems of work flows, organization, and planning and develop appropriate corrective action.
Be part of the national security solution. Join the Sotera team.
Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc. - 2 years ago