Introducing Endless Mobile, access for the next billion.
Our mission is simple: we are connecting the unconnected. We want to change the world. And we are having fun doing it. We believe there is eloquence in simplicity. Strength in understatement. Brilliance in humility. If you are dedicated and passionate about making a difference, and to building something incredible, we should talk.
The Role: Configuration Manager
We are seeking a Configuration Manager to provide overall configuration management and implementation guidance for daily activities supporting sustainment, integration, testing, and fielding of our applications and core platform. You will be responsible for managing input and retrieval of data from multiple software projects in the configuration management repository. You will also be responsible for helping to establish and execute our software deployment process.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience developing and maintaining configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting complex systems
- Knowledge of configuration management tools, such as GIT and Jenkins
- Knowledge about designs, scripting, tests, debugging, and documents deployment procedures
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively control and provide high quality, especially under high pressure and high pace project circumstances
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- 2+ years experience as a software developer
- 1+ years of configuration management experience
- 2+ years experience in a Linux environment
- MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with test driven development; proficient in practicing agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Issue tracking system experience
- Distributed development experience
- Fluent in Python, Linux, shell-scripting, Debian package management
- Knowledge in delivery and release planning. Experience managing installations, versions, packages, configurations, etc. on a large scale
- Experience maintaining servers including manage the server hosting the downloadable executables
- Ability to manage hosting provider configuration including DNS entries
- Experience creating secure systems and verifying their robustness
Endless Mobile - 2 years ago
We are developing a platform to give computers to the next billion people in the developing world - not by donating them or lowering costs -...