Senior Solid Waste Engineer
Job ID: 2013-8940
Area of Interest: EN - Wastewater Treatment and Process Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Posted Date: 2/5/2013
Experience (Years): 15
SLP: J2WCIVILCONST, J2WENVIRONMENT
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 180 offices worldwide, our over 8000 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy. For more information, visit golder.com
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Solid Waste Engineer for the Portland, Oregon office to work as part of a team with a focus on solid waste projects. The successful candidate will be able to assist with the evaluation and design of a diverse range of projects as well as provide field support for environmental and civil/infrastructure projects. Some travel will be required.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 15 years of civil/solid waste experience.
- Direct project experience with post-closure plans, landfill operations and maintenance plans, and construction quality assurance.
- B.S. in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Environmental or related) required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, a positive attitude and the ability to work independently or as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Project management experience on large scale landfill construction projects.
- Experience with Excel, Access, and Civil 3-D.
- PE registration in Oregon, and Washington (preferred) or ability to get registration within 2 years.
Desirable skills would include:
- Experience with compiling complex civil design and construction reports including design drawings and specifications.
- Experience managing post closure activities, landfill gas monitoring, and beneficial end use, including waste-to-energy.
- Understanding of Oregon Solid Waste Rules and Washington Minimal Functional Standards.
- Understanding of landfill operations and maintenance activities.
- Ability to assist with post closure plan development.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with defined deadlines.
- Ability to travel both locally and internationally. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
No telephone calls or emails please.
Golder Associates Ltd. - 23 months ago
Golder Associates is an employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and...