Are you ready to join a world class corporate university and take on the challenge of reaching over 100,000 learners worldwide? The Defense Acquisition University (DAU) is the recognized leader as a corporate university, advancing the use of technology in all areas of education. The professional faculty and staff at DAU work in a strong team environment to continuously improve the ways we help our students learn by delivering the right knowledge and skills at the point of need. Come join this dynamic team using your expertise to make a real impact in the acquisition community.
All US citizens may apply, including current and former Federal employees. This position is in the Excepted Service and may be filled by candidates who have not previously worked for the Federal Government.
All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration.
Must be a U.S. citizen
As a Professor of Contract Management, you will apply your knowledge, experience, and technical skills to teach and facilitate higher levels of learning for the Department of Defense Acquisition workforce. The duties of this position on a daily/weekly basis include:
1. Present and facilitate instruction both in classroom and through web-based or virtual learning modes. Instruction is provided both on the campus and on-site, which may require up to 30% travel (TDY). Develop and conduct lectures, case studies, simulations, workshops and field trips.
2. Prepare course material (student and instructor) according to current instructional systems design technology. Develop course schedules and arrange for guest speakers.
3. Develop and analyze student assessments and provide student counseling to insure the highest degree of learning.
4. Provide mission assistance through consulting efforts to the Defense Department, military services and other federal agencies providing technical guidance and assistance on various matters including those of unusual complexity or without precedence.
5. Participate in professional research as a subject matter expert to insure curriculum currency and also to enhance the skill set and processes in your field of expertise. Papers in professional journals, proceedings, presentations at professional meetings, conferences, symposia and seminars are key forums for this requirement.
Pay Band B: Minimum Prerequisites
1. You must possess a Masters Degree in a related area from an accredited college or university and at least 6 years of experience in the appropriate functional area in either a government or industry position.
2. You must have specialized experience directly relating to the specific duties of the position to be filled and must demonstrate that you have the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully.
3. At least 1 year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 level in the federal service.
4. You must have achieved DAWIA Level III certification in the primary discipline or related discipline from the acquisition workforce or have the ability to obtain this certification within 24 months of appointment.
5. The President of DAU can waive all criteria.
Successful candidates for this position must provide evidence of:
1. Experience: In depth understanding of the latest changes/issues (commercialization, partnering with industry, teaming, etc.) and the contracting professionals role as a business advisor to the customer. An in depth knowledge of contracts/business management is required for this position. This element includes experience in and knowledge of techniques and approaches required to organize and implement good contract management practices, with an understanding of both the theoretical and practical aspects of contract management. Desired background in mathematics and or pricing.
2. Teaching: Demonstrated excellence or potential in teaching and facilitating learning of adults. Experience as a professional instructor of adults in a variety of teaching methods. This includes: the ability to communicate complex managerial and technical material to students with different backgrounds; a proficiency in delivery methods such as guided discussions, short lectures, problem-based learning and case studies; the ability to incorporate the learners experience into the learning process along with the ability to motivate learners to participate actively in the learning process; and the ability to organize information, develop the thought process and relevant threads/themes, define objectives, draw conclusions, maintain audience interest, and effectively facilitate student learning. Experience in managing and working with teams of instructors developing and providing instruction. Experience with both classroom and on-line instructional methods.
3. Mission Assistance: Demonstrated excellence in providing performance support or consulting in the contracting field in areas related to DoD weapon systems acquisition management and leadership, source selections, contract administration and other related contracting/acquisition areas. Including the ability to enter into an agreement with managers and provide consulting support in the area of contract management in the process of diagnosis, goal setting, programmatic problem solving and decision-making, and group or organizational intervention to bring about successful organizational change.
4. Learning Asset Management: Demonstrated excellence in curriculum development and knowledge sharing, both for classroom and online applications. Has actually developed curricula for major courses (both classroom and online) as a developer or co-developer. Has developed or contributed to knowledge management web sites and communities of practice. Demonstrated innovation in development and use of learning assets. Demonstrated expertise in instructional technologies to capture student interest and enhance learning.
5. Leadership and Management: Demonstrated experience in acquisition organizations within the defense (government) and/or private (commercial) sectors; including team leadership as well as supervisory leadership. Demonstrated experience with the management of an organizations resources relating to its programs and operations, including all resource aspects of DODs planning, programming, budgeting and execution process. To Include innovative/creative uses of technology, process mapping, lean, or Six Sigma initiatives in the management of resources.
Appropriate experts within the Defense Acquisition University will evaluate applications. Salary determination is based on the requirements of the position as well as the qualifications of the selected applicant as aligned with the evaluation criteria for each Pay Band. Additional information can be found at http://www.dau.mil/about-dau/docs/DAU_Faculty_Plan.pdf .
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
1. This is a Critical Acquisition position.
2. If selected for this position, you are subject to the completion of a satisfactory background investigation.
3. You will be required to become a member of the Acquisition Corps. DoD instruction 5000.58R specifies qualification standards for Corps membership (waiver of some of these standards is possible in the limited circumstances described in the instruction).
4. You will be required to join the DAU Faculty Plan as established by Title 10 of the US Code. This position is in the excepted service (non-career). Candidates currently in the competitive service will be required to sign a statement indicating that they are leaving the competitive services voluntarily to accept an appointment in the excepted service. To access the instructions related to this requirement visit http://www.dau.mil/about-dau/docs/DAU_Faculty_Plan.pdf .
5. Initial appointment is made for a period of four) years, conditional upon satisfactory completion of a DAU trial period of one year. Every year, as part of an annual review, consideration is given to extending the appointment; thus service at DAU can be extended indefinitely.
6. If selected for this position, you MUST be able to begin work within 90 days of acceptance.
7. Permanent Change of Station (PCS) expenses will NOT be paid.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants meeting the basic requirements will be further evaluated by information provided in the Assessment Questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical factors:
Mission assistance experience
Learning asset management experience
Leadershihp and management experience
For additional information on specific health benefits, life insurance, retirement, etc. please visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp .
For additional information on the Thrift Savings Plan please visit: http://www.tsp.gov .
For additional Veterans information please visit: http://www.usajobs.gov/ei/VetPreference.asp or http://www.fedshirevets.gov .
usajobs.gov - 10 months ago
The Department of Defense, for one, has made considerable progress since receiving its barely passing grade. MITRE, a Massachusetts-based te...