VmWare - System Engineer.
The VmWare System Engineer is responsible for providing technical support for the Vsphere enterprise including overseeing the development, assessment and implementation of new VMWare technologies, and providing Account Management and Team with continued perspective on the relationship of emerging and evolving virtualization technology as it pertains to the business model.
It is extremely important that the VM Systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible. The VmWare System Engineer is challenged to work with architecture planning, automation deployment, capacity assessment, tuning, vm storage, vm networking, and disaster avoidance to help achieve a state-of-the-art virtual infrastructure that meets current and future business objectives.
The VmWare System Engineer will be required to provide technical support for other datacenter technologies and methodologies as it pertains to conceptual design, management, administration, recovery, and disaster avoidance of three large Data Centers
Qualified candidates must be in Indiana, Indianapolis.
- BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field preferred.
- 4-6 years IT operation with strong understanding of Vsphere deployments, theories, principles, and practices.
- 5 years Microsoft Server 2000/2005/2008 experience.
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing model running in a virtualized infrastructure.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory design and implementations.
- Execution of ITIL processes as they pertain to problem/resolution methodologies.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, customer orientation and team working competencies.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- vCenter Mgmt skills for tactical support, tuning, capacity analysis and troubleshooting.
- vNetwork Distributed switching
- vCenter Site Recovery Manager
- EMC Array based replication technologies
- Experience with management and administration of EMC Storage (Celerra, Clariion, DMX, VNX) provisioning and presenting block and file storage.
- Knowledge of PowerShell and creating scripts for automated server mgmt.
- Working Knowledge of Symantec Netbackup, administration and reporting strategies.
- VCP 3,4, or 5
- MCSE or MCITP
- ITIL v3 Foundations
HP - 2 years ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...