This position will advises leadership and/or business executives at the highest levels about the project status and resource planning for delivering strategic business initiatives. Plans, directs, and ensures the successful management of designed business solutions utilizing the complete resources of the Service Delivery Management team and assigned project managers. Provides technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing methods and procedures that are efficient, effective and meet good business practice. Maintains excellent communication with upper management both within and across organizations to ensure smooth running of all projects undertaken by team. Responsible for leading a mature and organization-focused team of project managers, providing help where necessary to project a professional image. Has expert experience in Project & Portfolio Management tools and is able to lead in the coaching and mentoring of team members to help them achieve individual expectations and deliverables. Assesses resource loads and makes appropriate individual assignments. The Director of Project Management will be responsible for evangelizing project management within the organization as well as sales and profitability of HA on the Kmart.com format. |
• Partner with the business leaders to develop and implement programs and initiatives to increase the market share and profitability of business.
• Lead cross functional teams on operations planning, data management and milestone tracking for the implementation of strategic initiatives.
• Coordinate communication and ensure it is streamlined with the cross functional teams, stakeholders and Senior Management team as it relates to all projects and initiatives.
• Conduct research on various strategic initiatives, create and present business plans and overall strategy for all initiatives.
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Partners with Buyers and Vendors to Champion innovation projects and plan new ideas from inception to execution.
• Develop and execute action plans for the development of new business lines.
• Develop multiple tools to analyze and adequately evaluate business performance.
• Responsible for functioning as the primary contact for the VP on all new initiatives and existing initiatives.
• Capture key learnings from all initiative deployments and translate them into information that can be leveraged across the business and SHC.
• Motivates managers to meet personal and project goals to complete delivery of functionality.
• Develops, documents, and executes a standard project plan, utilizing approved tools and methodology.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred
• 8+ years of business development and strategy experience within retail industry; relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Must be knowledgeable of Apparel categories, finance, sales and marketing
• A strategic mindset and approach to new business development and optimization
• Strong analytic and problem solving abilities
• Excellent project management capabilities; must be able to manage a large team and drive results through others
• Flexibility to operate with changing priorities and timelines
• Proven experience meeting or exceeding plan
• Strong financial acumen
• Excellent leadership skills required
• Demonstrated communication skills, verbal and written, to create effective presentations to senor management
• Ability to develop strong partnerships across the Sears Holdings Corporation
• Willingness to travel
• BA/BS in Business, or its equivalent experience in a related field, MBA preferred
• Relevant experience working for an apparel retail organization.
• 5-10 years experience in business development, strategic and financial experience in the retail industry.
• History of successfully implementing projects involving internal/external teams with measurable results.
• Proficient in MSOffice
5 - 10 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
Bachelors Level Degree
Sears Holdings Corp. - 2 years ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...