Senior Software Application Engineer (Job Number: 322482)
The Senior Software Application Engineer is responsible for all applications within the CENTER portfolio. Primary responsibilities include:
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters to meet business requirements and hardware/software compatibility.
- Develops and may lead technical projects. Provides fact-finding and research as required for the project. May design operational test and evaluations based on research and analysis.
- May provide guidance to others to achieve goals in accordance with established policies. May supervise a team of multi-disciplinary personnel to ensure congruence of the various hardware, software, communications and interface approaches.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures to be used on new assignments. May interact with management on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Is responsible for designing, defining and implementation system requirement for complex systems and/or preparing studies and analyzing existing systems. Works on extremely complex problems and provides strategic technical direction for SAIC’s enterprise collaboration capabilities.
- Act as SME for SAIC Service Desk to triage Sharepoint, Project Server and associated application/configuration issues.
- May oversee the preparation, presentation and follow-up of major projects related to enterprise collaboration services.
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies or processes that affect an enterprise organization. Regularly interacts with senior or executive management on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field coupled with 8+ years’ progressively complex engineering and/or development experience; OR a HS diploma coupled with 14 years’ progressively complex engineering and/or development experience.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience with SharePoint design, development, administration, configuration and support
- 1 year experience with SharePoint 2010 design, development, administration, configuration and support
- 3 years’ experience with Project Server design, development, administration, configuration and support
- 1 year experience with Project Server 2010 design, development, administration, configuration and support
- PHP, COTS selection process, 3rd party SharePoint solutions such as Bamboo, CodePlex solutions
- Experience with third party ASP.Net component packages such as Telerik, familiarity with N-Layer development, source control, security best-practices, and automatic code generation.
- Experience with InfoPath 2010
- Experience with SharePoint Designer 2010
- Experience with SSAS, SSRS and Performance Point services
- Experience with enterprise taxonomies, proxy servers, BCS, search optimization
- Creation of SharePoint and Project Server governance policies
- Support of Enterprise SharePoint and Project Server communities of practice
- Participation in Microsoft RAP and TAP programs
- Experience with vendor/subcontractor management
- Experience with SAIC infrastructure, business processes and back-end systems
- Experience with F5 and network load balancing
- Experience with ADFS
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 21, 2013, 2:40:52 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-ORLANDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...