Your new career: Building a global logistics network
Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics is currently seeking a talented Employee Relations Manager for our Woodcliff Lake, NJ location.
As an Employee Relations Manager for Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics, you will have responsibility to coordinate and direct the Employee Relations programs and functions. The incumbent has primary responsibility for management labor and employee relations, administration of employees', safety programs, and risk management programs.
These functions include responsibility for developing, interpreting, and recommending program goals and objectives, policies, and procedures, and courses of action.
The incumbent is responsible for managing the employee relations activities according to established guidelines and sound administrative practices.
- Investigates problems, such as: working conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee and applicant appeals and grievances. According to circumstances, provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental officials and individuals.
- Formulates and recommends program goals and objectives in all areas of employee relations.
- Develops, implements, and administers (through a variety of techniques such as quarterly meetings) the management-labor relations area of the personnel program in an effort to improve labor relations.
- Assures that the company is in compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Supervises and provides direction to subordinate staff engaged in developing and establishing in-service employee training in an effort to upgrade managerial, technical, and support-level productivity.
- Supervises and provides direction to staff engaged in developing and administering the risk management, safety programs, and workers' compensation.
- Develops and presents the operating budget for the Employee Relations Dept. and, upon final budget approval, assures that all functions operate within appropriated amounts.
- Evaluates or reviews evaluations of performance on all employees; effectively recommends hiring, promotion, termination, disciplinary, and commendatory actions of all assigned personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as may be necessary.
- Prepares and presents required and special reports
At Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics, we recognize that our people are our most important asset. We encourage our employees to learn our business and contribute to our success. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, business casual dress environment and more.
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with major course work in Business or Public Administration, Human Resources Management, or closely related field.
- Six (6) years' experience in human resources management, three (3) years of which must have been in a responsible labor relations position.
- Must possess considerable knowledge of management-labor relations; the principles, practices, and procedures of Human Resources Management.
- Must possess thorough knowledge in the specific areas of merit systems; job content, qualifications, educational and training requirements of a wide variety of occupations and wage and salary administration.
- Must be able to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action.
- Must be able to prepare comprehensive reports and represent ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to influence.
- Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Must possess some knowledge of laws and regulations relating to insurance and safety administration.
- Must be able to travel extensively (minimum 50%)
Join a global leader
With 3,500 employees around the world and offices based across the Americas, Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Oceania, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) is the leading independent provider of global factory-to-dealer transportation and logistics solutions for the automotive, agricultural and construction equipment industries. The company also specializes in handling complex project cargo such as rail cars, power generators, mining equipment and yachts. WWL’s sophisticated supply chain management services ensure an efficient integration of ocean transportation, inland distribution, terminal handling and technical services.
Ø 4.3 million units transported each year, 2.3 million by sea and 2 million by land
Ø 3 million automotive and rolling equipment units processed annually
Ø More than 60 modern eco-friendly car carriers and Roll on / Roll off vessels in operation
Ø An environmental forerunner
Everything we do is guided by our Mission and Values
Our Mission is to create business success for customers by providing logistics solutions for the distribution of rolling and select static cargo in a changing global market – with maximum reliability, quality and cost effectiveness.
Customer Centered, Innovation, Teaming and Collaboration, Empowerment, and Stewardship are the five core values that guide the performance of our employees and make working at Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics as stimulating as it is challenging.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information about Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics, visit our website at
Monster - 2 years ago
Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) offers factory-to-dealer transportation and logistics services to the automotive, agricultural, and...