At this time, Dominion cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship.
Entry level position providing engineering support for gas transmission and storage to d evelop, design, analyze, evaluate, and recommend facility plans/proposals by applying engineering theories, principles, and practices that contribute to efficient, safe, reliable, and profitable facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop conceptual plans, preliminary schedules, accurate cost estimates, and agreements for
proposed new facilities or modifications of existing facilities.
2. Provide project management and construction support for capital projects from conceptual stage
through successful start-up of facilities, including oversight of outside consultants or contractors;
responsible for adherence to budgets and schedules.
3. Develop timely, complete, and detailed designs for capital projects.
4. Develop and maintain specifications for materials/equipment.
5. Prepare requisitions for materials/equipment, design services, and construction services; evaluate
6. Administer/manage service agreements, design contracts, and construction contracts.
7. Coordinate permit applications and environmental clearances required for capital projects.
8. Ensure accuracy of as-built information for assigned projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Basic minimum requirements :
1) Four-year accredited Engineering degree (see education section) Will consider May, June 2013 graduates.
2) Engineering-related work experience. (Engineering-related internship experience can qualify.)
Other required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience:
1) Basic knowledge of engineering concepts, fundamentals and theories; ability to learn to apply engineering theories and concepts to complex problems;
2) Leadership experience
3) Strong oral and written communication skills (includes technical writing);
4) Effective decision-making skills;
5) Computer skills and application of software programs (including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint);
6) Analytical and abstract thinking skills; problem-solving skills;
7) Ability to interpret codes, regulations and practices;
8) Ability to develop effective planning, project and organizational skills;
9) Ability to develop project management skills and to handle multiple tasks;
10) Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently
In addition to any other specific requirements for this position, candidates must meet at least one of the following criteria in order to be considered for this position: (Will consider May, June 2013 graduates)
1) Possess an ABET-accredited 4-year engineering degree, based upon the year that the engineering degree program was accredited by ABET; or
2) Possess a 4-year engineering degree (from an institution outside of the U.S.) which is accredited through the country's own engineering accrediting body under the Washington Accord as a full Signatory, and is a degree that was recognized by that country's accrediting body on or after the date that full Signatory status was achieved; or
3) Possess a non-ABET accredited 4-year engineering degree and a post-graduate engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same engineering discipline is ABET-accredited based upon the year the undergraduate degree was accredited by ABET; or
4) Possess a 4-year degree in Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics and a post-graduate engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same engineering discipline is ABET-accredited based upon the year the undergraduate degree was accredited by ABET; or
5) Possess a current, valid United States Professional Engineer license.
Overnight travel may, at times, be frequent. Office work environment; visits to construction sites as necessary to ensure successful completion of projects; may be subject to construction hazards, inclement weather conditions, and high noise levels; safety-sensitive position subject to random drug testing; pre-employment drug test will be required for successful candidate; must possess a valid driver's license.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Dominion is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
You can experience the excitement of our company-it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Dominion - 20 months ago
Dominion is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 28,000 megawatts of...