Program Executive (Job Number: 320900)
SAIC has a career opportunity for a Program Executive working in Washington DC. The selected candidate will become a full time employee of SAIC with a full benefits package.
Candidate will be responsible for a large program entailing a full range of IT services in support of a financial services organization. Additional aspects of managing support personnel which includes planning, organizing, directing, executing, monitoring, and controlling all aspects of the program, including technology, schedule, cost, contract and customer satisfaction. Interfaces with project managers, task and functional leaders, subcontractors, support personnel, and other stakeholders. Primary customer interfaces. Incumbent(s) have Financial Management responsibility.
DECRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Must act as a focal point and advocate for the customer and work problems to resolution
- Recognized leader and mentor who serves as a subject matter expert for project and program management processes and tools.
- Has extensive experience in relevant industry area and understanding of strategic issues that impact SAIC service delivery and project management.
- Must be capable of planning, organizing, directing, executing, monitoring, and controlling technical, cost, schedule, and risk for complex programs.
- Must be able to coordinate and manage large number of internal and external management interfaces reflecting both dispersed locations and levels of authority.
- Must be able to assess performance of project managers, task leaders and support personnel, and processes and tools they use.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interface with SAIC Senior management, customer, managers, subordinates, subcontractors, and other stakeholders at both working and senior levels.
- Must provide leadership and direction of personnel performing complex tasks to include oversight of multiple project managers.
- Ability to manage complex, strategic projects and programs than span organizational boundaries as well as select, recruit, mentor, train and promote key team members.
- Act as the Primary customer interface and SAIC senior/executive management interface with financial management responsibility and accountability
- Must be able to analyze effectiveness of a large and complex project organization, implement changes when necessary, and assess the resulting performance
- Capable becoming a trusted advisor to the customer organization
- Assesses performance of subordinate managers, including their effectiveness in managing their subordinates, and coaches them to improve performance.
- Must be able to listen to and understand customer expectations and concerns, and assure project is being executed effectively while managing expectations.
- Demonstrated relevancy to intend position requirements and a documented history of career progression
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems including XP/7/2003/2008, Project Excel
- Active PMP Certification
- ITIL v.3 Foundation Certification
- Experience managing IT programs of $35M or greater annually
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills at the executive level
- U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien with current valid green card
- Ability to successfully obtain a Federal Government Position of Public Trust (involving OPM NACI, MBI, or BI with associated credit, reference, and law enforcement checks)
- Information and Data Security background
- Successful completion of ITIL v.3 Intermediate courses
- Current Secret Clearance
- Experience working with Federal Civilian government agencies
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Engineering or other technical field with 20+ years of experience. Preferred: Master’s degree in Information Systems Management or MBA
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jan 22, 2013, 10:50:32 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 2 years ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...