Provides guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on requests, questions, problems and malfunctions of systems applications, hardware or software supporting internal and external customers. Acts as a liaison between Nelnet & Vendor Data Center representatives in support of Nelnet Operations.
1. Interprets, evaluates, resolves and tests client inquiries or issues pertaining to the functional operation of application hardware and software.
2. Analyzes simple to complex requests, inquiries and issues to determine the appropriate technical area or vendor to resolve problem.
3. Alerts clients and team members in a timely manner when a major problem is suspected.
4. Documents and tracks status of client inquiries/incidents and coordinates appropriate response and follows up to ensure client satisfaction.
5. Translates technical details into business relevant language.
6. Maintain and adhere to NOC processing Roles and Responsibilities
7. Provides tape administration support in accordance to business requirements including Tape Inventory management and oversight for appropriate inventory levels.
8. Online tape user account management and auditing
9. Monitors NOC automation processes to ensures timely and efficient processing of production schedules and requests through automated computer systems
10. Adhere to defined service level agreements for system uptime and availability
11. Ability and willingness to work on-call responsibilities, including nights and weekends if required.
12. Work with Project Managers, Development teams, and Operations personnel to coordinate IT implementations and ensure established timelines are met.
13. Participate in internal and external audits and produce audit documentation and reports as necessary.
14. Develops documents and trains vendor staff on automated alert procedures
15. Coordinate SLA Reporting Requirements and distribution to stakeholders
16. Conduct Quarterly Tape Audits
17. Develops and maintains NOC Procedural documentation for all compliance related requirements and NOC procedures
18. Coordinate media destruction activities as needed across multiple sites
Associate's degree in Information Science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Strong communication and interpersonal skills with technical and non-technical clients.
2. Experience in email and user administration. Knowledge of batch processing and transmissions management.
3. Ability to obtain a security clearance.
4. Ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision.
5. Exceptional customer service skills.
6. Strong oral and written communication skills to include using e-mail, chat and telephone conversations.
7. Proven technical aptitude to include strong troubleshooting skills
8. Detail oriented with good problem solving skills.
9. Ability to work well among a diverse team of individuals as a team player.
10. Positive attitude with all customers and co-workers.
11. Demonstrates and exhibits initiative and is assertive when necessary.
12. Self Directed and highly motivated
13. High level knowledge of the NOC automation processes and functionality.
14. Knowledge of batch processing and transmissions management.
15. Ability to work with both technical staff and clients
16. Knowledgeable in the areas of NIST compliancy highly desired
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Nelnet - 19 months ago