Position summary: |
Manage/Oversee all aspects of Front Desk and Housekeeping operations. Evenings and
weekends will be required.
Rooms Division Manager with the following summary of job functions:
• Spot checking of Guest rooms and public areas to ensure standards are
• Ensure proper staffing levels during peak and low occupancies
• Develop and monitor departmental budgets.
• Ensure uniforms, linen and toweling and all relevant operating equipment are
inventoried, supplied, controlled and supplied
• Develop employee incentive programs and coordinate staff development
• Supervise and ensure completion of all duties of Housekeeping staff
• Oversee work schedules and labor costs for Housekeeping including maid minutes and Front desk staff within allotted budget limits
• Ensure proper supply levels are maintained and ordered in a timely manor
• Provide daily hands on leadership and guidance to all staff
• Oversee and ensure guest satisfaction at all times
• Proper controls and monitoring of all inventories and supplies.
• Promote teamwork, the overall culture and uphold all brand standards
• Conduct employee interviews and evaluations.
• Follow disciplinary process when required, ensure proper documentation is
• Ensure strong communications between all departments
• Notify maintenance of any deficiencies found in any areas and ensure they are
- Minimum five years Rooms Management experience in a 300 room or higher, high-occupancy lodging operations
- Possess financial skills necessary to plan, budget and control the annual financial plan
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to professionally interact with guests, clients and employees
- Previous experience with front desk operating systems, telecommunication systems, and inventory ordering systems.
- Experience with Galaxy, Lightspeed, Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability to assist with development and implementation of strategies that will result in increased occupancy and rate.
- Knowledge of other aspects of a full-service hotel/resort operation.
CareerBuilder - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard