The Hand Finishing Equipment Operator is responsible for reviewing project tickets and performing make ready and run operations on hand finishing equipment .
- Operate offline and auxiliary binding/finishing/packaging equipment. Set up and adjusts machine and equipment for production runs. May coordinate the assignment of crewmembers and may provide training for new team members.
- Requires familiarity with routine operating procedures of equipment which can be set up and operated following a few step by step instructions and the skill to operate the equipment. Requires skill to perform minor clerical tasks incidental to the operation of the equipment, and skill to perform routine maintenance such as cleaning and lubricating the equipment. Ability to identify if improper machine operation and make basic adjustments
- Monitors inventory and records all consumables on the electronic project ticket under their respective charge code.
- Performs counting and sorting operations.
- Maintains established checkpoints and procedures.
- Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Plans and schedules work activities to complete assignments in order of priority making the most efficient use of time.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Perform other duties as directed by hand finishing lead personnel or supervisor
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
This position reports directly to the Hand Finishing Supervisor.
- High School Education, GED or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of Manufacturing experience.
- Some knowledge of finishing techniques used in offset printing to produce finished printed materials preferred.
- Basic computer skills; knowledge of keyboard functions.
- Basic skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to read, write and speak in the English language to the extent necessary to effectively communicate or interpret instruction.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out basic written or oral instructions.
RR Donnelley - 2 years ago
RR Donnelley is a global provider of integrated communications. The company works collaboratively with more than 60,000 customers worldwide...