HOME OFFICE BASED POSITION--REQUIRED TO LIVE WITHIN GEOGRAPHIC TERRITORY (AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, HI, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY).
The Director Medical Account Management ("DMM West") is responsible for the leadership and management of the West Medical Account Management team supporting the managed markets customers in the Western United States.
This position requires about 70% regional travel.
- The DMM supports the Head of Medical Account Management in all aspects of recruiting and hiring, on- boarding and training, and conducting strategic and tactical planning to support the strategies and goals of their team.
- The DMM–West works with the Head of Medical Account Management, other DMMs, Therapeutic Team Directors ("TTDs"), the Regional Director of Account Management ("RDAMs"), the Key Account Managers ("KAMs"), and other Novartis departments in the development and implementation of plans to support the regional managed market accounts.
- The DMM West is responsible for developing training plans and implementing training for the West MAM team.
- The DMM West supports and oversees strategic and tactical planning, career evaluation, development planning, and assists in or supports regular coaching and mentoring of the Regional Account Scientific Directors (RASDs) / Regional Account Scientific Associate Directors ("RASADs").
- The DMM West is accountable for the performance management, and organizational talent review process for the West MAM team.
- In addition, the DMM West is responsible for managing their budget to financial targets, providing project coordination and management, as well as, serving as back-up for the Head of Medical Account Management in his/her absence.
- The DMM West is a member of the MAM management team and works with the Head, Medical Account Management to ensure the optimal strategic integration and tactical implementation of the MAM team with the medical unit therapeutic teams and regional account teams.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage. Novartis is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V. PRINCIPALS ONLY! Minimum requirements • MD, PharmD, or PhD with regional field medical experience.
- A demonstrated past performance in a management role in a field based medical position is preferred or comparable will be considered.
- Experience in a cross-functional headquarters role is valuable.
- Thorough understanding of managed markets, clinical medicine, disease management, and medical and Health Economic Outcomes Research practices is required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills, strong personal integrity, teamwork abilities (including the ability to lead a scientific team across a geographical area), and a customer focus are necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people, to plan both strategy and implementation, and to work effectively cross-functionally are essential.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the FDA regulations and ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry and to ensure compliance with this external as well as internal guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment and to motivate a team to do the same.
- Ability to travel (about 70%).
Novartis - 16 months ago