The North Anna Power Station is currently seeking an experienced engineer for the station's Nuclear Engineering Civil Design Engineering group.
This role is the top progression level position in the engineer series. Includes senior to technical expert engineers, able to perform difficult and complex work requiring thorough knowledge of the subject matter and significant experience within functional assignment area.
The qualified candidate will work onsite and provide design support for plant modifications. In addition, the candidate will provide technical support to Operations and Maintenance on a broad range of Civil Design issues both on the component and system level. Civil design engineers also provide repair recommendations, design modifications, and engineering documentation to support planned work activities. The candidate will be expected to gain familiarity with nuclear power plant design. The candidate should have a basic level of knowledge for understanding the plant design basis, plant operations, and plant maintenance practices as well as work planning process, including normal and emergency operating procedures.
Additional responsibilities include:
Perform analyses, inspections, and evaluations that support nuclear plant operation (i.e. supports, structure, concrete, steel);
Develop/support design modifications packages to the nuclear plants;
Maintain the applicable design bases and calculations that support nuclear plant safety and operation;
Prepare/update specifications for nuclear plant installation;
Interpret/apply nuclear industry codes and standards;
Identify improvements in areas related to Civil Design Engineering analysis and processes;
Provide general technical support to the station. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Must meet educational requirements listed above.
Minimum of 8 years Civil Engineering experience required for this position.
Ability to analyze and solve complex Civil Engineering problems.
Experience with civil design codes, regulations, practices. and standards (ASCE, AISC,ACI, etc.)
Ability to process information, effectively manage multiple tasks, and communicate effectively.
Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
Willing to perform in-plant field work including hands-on evaluation of plant equipment issues.
Professional Engineer License and/or advanced degree desirable.
Experience with engineering modeling software (VISIO, STRUDL) desired.
STA/SRO experience desirable. Education In addition to any other specific requirements for this position, candidates must meet at least one of the following criteria in order to be considered for this position:
1) Possess an ABET-accredited 4-year Civil Engineering degree, based upon the year that the engineering degree program was accredited by ABET; or
2) Possess a 4-year Civil Engineering degree (from an institution outside of the U.S.) which is accredited through the country's own engineering accrediting body under the Washington Accord as a full Signatory, and is a degree that was recognized by that country's accrediting body on or after the date that full Signatory status was achieved; or
3) Possess a non-ABET accredited 4-year Civil Engineering degree and a post-graduate Civil Engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same engineering discipline is ABET-accredited based upon the year the undergraduate degree was accredited by ABET; or
4) Possess a 4-year degree in Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics and a post-graduate Civil Engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same engineering discipline is ABET-accredited based upon the year the undergraduate degree was accredited by ABET; or
5) Holds or has previously held a valid United States Professional Engineer license. Working Conditions Confined Spaces Up to 25%,Cold Up to 25%,Dust / Grease / Oil Up to 25%,Energized Wires Up to 25%,Fumes Up to 25%,Heat Up to 25%,Loud Noise Up to 25%,Operating Machinery Up to 25%,Outdoors Up to 25%,Office Work Environment 76-100%,Radiation Up to 25%,Travel Up to 25% Test Required Physical Additional Information We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Dominion is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
You can experience the excitement of our company-it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Dominion - 23 months ago
Dominion is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 28,000 megawatts of...