Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. operates a variety of programs to serve the poor and strives to find permanent solutions to crisis situations by offering clients the tools and resources needed to achieve greater self-reliance and stability in their lives.
Catholic Charities is searching for an accountant who possesses a strong degree of integrity, responsibility, confidentiality and flexibility.
The Accountant is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day maintenance and management of the Agency's accounting systems.
- Maintain complete and accurate ledgers.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Perform reconciliation of bank accounts, general ledger accounts, credit cards processing and accounting for and valuing In-kind donations;
- Maintain financial databases;
- Monitor cash balances;
- Prepare payroll information;
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures;
- Act as liaison with auditors to coordinate audit schedules and help auditors with yearly and fiscal audits;
- Provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems; and
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to include year-end close;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and 2-4 years of progressive experience in accounting or related field. California CPA license and/or a MBA from an accredited institution a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, @functions, etc.). Knowledge of Microsoft Access a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing practices and principles, including fund accounting;
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations, including the single Audit Act (OMB Circular A—133);
- Must have judgment, problem-solving skills, and strong communication skills; and
- Non-Profit industry experience preferred.