Job Posting Title Mine Field Engineer Reference Code EXT-NB00001295-E-01 Company Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With revenues of more than $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers. Kiewit Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kiewit participates in E-Verify. Department Engineering Department Project Buckskin Mine - Gillette, WY Tasks Kiewit Mining Group is looking for entry level Field Mining/Civil Engineers wanting to make a career working at our surface mining operations. This position will be the direct link between the engineering plans and the operators executing them. The position is focused on shift to shift operations. The position will be responsible for safety compliance, field communication, plan execution, surveying, quality control, daily quantity reconciliation, and daily cost management. This position will work closely with the production superintendent regarding many other daily tasks. The position will be based in the field with some office time. The position may work a shift rotation including days, nights, and weekends. The Field Mining/Civil Engineer will be proficient with verbal, written and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the organization as well as possess excellent planning, time organization and problem solving skills.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Understand and follow all federal, state, and company health, safety, and environmental requirements.
2. Hold safety standards above all else.
3. Communicate between equipment operators, production superintendents, and engineering staff.
4. Understand Long/short range mining planning, design, and budgeting.
5. Establish and maintain communications between all levels of supervision and management.
6. Perform engineering tasks requiring standard techniques and handling minor problems of a technical nature arising during mining operation.
7. Understand Short-range mine planning involving dragline design, truck-shovel design, regrade design and estimating.
8. Integrate engineering plans into field execution plans.
9. Investigate problems and/or reported incidents; identify and recommend solutions/alternatives as appropriate.
10. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Requirements 1. Undergraduate degree in Mining or Civil Engineering, or equivalent degree.
2. Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
3. Highly motivated and self-managed to get things done right the first time.
4. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
5. Experience with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
6. Strong work ethic, detail oriented, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
7. The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
8. Uncompromising attitude toward safety.
9. Understands and promotes process improvement and change initiatives.
10. The ability to work shift work including nights and weekends.
11. Willingness, ability and enthusiasm for travel, sometimes on short notice.
12. Willingness and ability to relocate, long term, to job sites.
Employment Type Full-Time City Gillette
Kiewit Corporation - 24 months ago
Peter Kiewit Sons' is a heavyweight in the heavy construction industry. The general contractor and its subsidiaries have a breadth of...