Role Summary and Responsibilities
Work with a driven and highly motivated team to support the on-air operations of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies.
As Technical Manager, On-Air Operations at the CMC, you will be part of a 24/7 dedicated team tasked with ensuring the on-air reliability of 70 plus streams for NBCUniversal’s broadcast and TV Everywhere streaming channels. This operation will also increase capability for NBCUniversal’s international media prep and fulfillment.
• Monitor 70 plus distribution channels alerting and resolving issues as they arise
• Act as the direct liaison for any calls or technical inquiries for the operation
• Monitor and maintain as many as 15 multiplexed network distribution streams for disaster recovery
• Document any outages across systems providing the necessary details for operations management or engineering to follow up where needed
• Monitor and troubleshoot any issues within the environment including adaptive bit-rate encoders
• Handle the supervision over special live events backing up any number of NBCUniversal’s networks including NBC and USA
• Ensure reliability of on-air schedules in a fast paced environment, maintaining a 99.999% on-air availability and reliability for all channels
• Facilitate day of air issue resolution between all NBCU departments (including Sales, Traffic, Sports, News, Programming, and Promotions)
• Rehearse regular drills for standing up the disaster recovery operations as the primary distribution center for the NBCUniversal Networks
• Assist with any project management related to testing, roll-out, and implementation of new systems or procedures
• Manage the creation and publication of documentation for designated procedure
• Work closely with engineering and automation teams to implement new technologies, resolve on-air issues, and maintain minimal on-air disruption
• Work directly with the onsite engineering team to approve, organize, and test any maintenance on the on-air systems
• Oversight and supervision of on-air operators running live lists for broadcast as needed
• Oversight and supervision of multi-channel monitoring operators as needed
• 5 yrs experience in a leadership or management role exhibiting proven leadership, high energy level and strong people management skills
• 3 yrs in a management or leadership role showing strong computer, communication, and facilitation skills
• 3 yrs experience in a leadership role in a fast paced environment requiring troubleshooting and process skills, and exhibiting an ability to effectively lead, prioritize and adapt to changing scenarios
• A track record of meeting or exceeding performance expectations
• This position requires the ability to work any scheduled time, including nights, weekends and holidays to support the 24x7 on-air broadcast environment
• BA/BS in related field
• 10 yrs experience in an On-air broadcast environment.
• 3 yrs experience in leading the execution of live television events.
• 5 yrs experience exhibiting overall understanding and knowledge of the television production process, broadcast operations, and news/sports/entertainment technical production requirements.
• 3 yrs experience performing TOC duties, demonstrating knowledge of satellite tunings and transmission systems.
• 3 yrs experience in executing off-air scenarios for live events, including approx starts, schedule slides, join in progress and leave in progress
• Extensive and significant experience, understanding and knowledge of digital broadcast and production technical systems, standards and processes
• Technical experience with automated, real-time systems, digital video and audio, troubleshooting and test techniques
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, detail oriented and motivated team player
• Experience with work rules and scheduling
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart