The Fleet Technician position is responsible for performing mechanical repairs and preventative maintenance inspections and repairs on company fleet vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform general mechanical repair to Sysco vehicles in an effort to correct malfunctions and reduce further damage, including troubleshooting procedures and repair in the following areas:
- Electrical system (i.e. alternator, starter, etc.)
- Remove, replace and adjust equipment to keep equipment up to date and performing at its best
- Working knowledge of using diagnostic equipment/tools software for Sysco equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance on Sysco equipment including tractors, trailers, articulators and shop tools in an effort to enhance the use life of the equipment including:
- Check, change and replace oil, oil filter and air filter
- Lube chassis parts
- Check/ diagnose battery as needed
- Check front axle, rear axle and driveline components and working functions
- Knowledge of cab controls and functions
- Ability to identify tire wear to prevent abnormal wear and potential tire related accidents:
- Check tires on a scheduled basis for wear and proper air pressure
- Maintain the shop area by keeping tools and equipment picked up, placing cleaning agents on oil and liquid spills, sweeping the shop area floor, dumping trash and identifying safety hazards and proper corrective action.
- Maintain a repair record for each vehicle/reefer unit by recording repairs/maintenance performed, dating and signing work order to provide an accurate record for planning and evaluation purposes.
- Perform safety inspections, noting components repaired and date repaired on the report. Ensure equipment is in full compliance with state safety regulations and Sysco standards (signed off by Shop Manager).
- Assist with emergency road calls and call backs as noted in the Road Call Procedure Standard.
- Follow Sysco standards, safe work methods, proper tool use, maintenance and handling.
- Determine excessive wear on equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor..
As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and frozen meat,...