Senior Network Administrator
Brentwood Industries, Reading, PA
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for installation, configuration and management of Brentwoods local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems. The following are the representative responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions:
· Configures, installs, and maintains network hardware, software, and telecommunications services such as personal computers, system software, printers, servers, routers, switches, and transport media.
· Provides leadership and expertise in gathering and solidifying business/technical/user requirements, following standards and practices to deploy networking technologies that successfully integrate while increasing network services levels, performance, security and overall system up-time availability/fault tolerances.
· Responsible for researching, evaluating, testing software/applications and hardware.
· Analyzes and monitors network systems activity to ensure optimal network operation and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
· Works in a team environment to design and implement network services that provide security, disaster recovery, backup/compliance and collaboration services for the enterprise.
· Implements policies and procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, disaster recovery and backup.
· Trains users on software and equipment usage. Communicates standards for use, operations, and security of network, personal computers, and data.
· Performs and/or oversees software and application installation and upgrades.
· Ensures timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
· Creates and manages user accounts, groups and Active Directory group policies.
· Diagnoses and resolves end-user hardware and software computer problems in a timely fashion.
· Document technical processes and troubleshooting guidelines.
· Participate in the analysis and selection of new technology required for expanding computing needs throughout the organization. Work with competing vendors to determine the best selection based on price, technical functionality, durability, manufacturer support and manufacturer.
· Troubleshoots remote access issues for both software and hardware, including VPN and connectivity issues for mobile devices and mobile applications.
· Supervisory experience is a plus!
Education / Experience Required:
· Minimum of an Associates Degree in an information technology or related field (equivalent work experience may be considered)
· Minimum 3-5 years job experience
- performing job functions similar to the above
· Preferred Certifications: Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE); Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA); Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
· Expert with the following software/technologies:
- Microsoft Windows servers
- Microsoft Exchange
- LAN/WAN Switching & Routing
· Working knowledge of server hardware.
· Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and resolving technical problems.
· Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to work independently in a deadline oriented environment
· Must be able to travel company job site locations and vendors as required, with proper documentation for independent travel. (Credit card, valid drivers license, passport).
Brentwood Industries, Inc. is a solutions provider for highly diverse worldwide industries including automotive, medical packaging, cooling systems, stormwater management and water & wastewater treatment. At Brentwood, we engineer and manufacture both custom and proprietary products ranging from sterile medical packaging, to highly sophisticated water media systems.
Our diverse capabilities and expertise in these industries has allowed us to experience continued growth both here in the US and abroad for over 40 years.
Brentwood Industries offers professional growth potential, pleasant work environment, and an excellent wage and benefits package including 401K w/employer match. E.O.E
Brentwood Industries Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard