Burson-Marsteller Washington, D.C., is looking for an Associate to join their Healthcare Practice. As a member of the client team, an Associate (3-5 years experience) assists in researching and analyzing issues and in managing the day-to-day administration of Healthcare client relationships.
- Organize and implement events and promotions for the client
- Represent client at events or trade shows
- Write and distribute basic materials, including news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks, program elements, standby statements and pitch letters
- Research and monitor client's business and industry to maintain a current knowledge base
- Proactively develop relationships with external audiences (media, third party constituencies, etc.) to convey the client's message
- Handle standard media inquiries
- Assist in the research and preparation of new business proposals
- Assist in client administration duties such as billing and activity reports
- Handles various other projects and acts as a resource for the client team as required.
- 3-5 years of experience in a public relations agency setting (prior Healthcare experience a plus).
- Strong writing capabilities to include by-lined articles executive presentations and the ability to adapt technical content for a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Strong project management skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated interest in Healthcare issues.
- Facility with policy making and engagement with federal regulatory agencies.
- Ability to follow and develop processes for achieving results.
- Comfort in working with high level thought leaders, individually or in a group
- Ability to learn quickly and pick up on client and industry issues.
Burson-Marsteller ( www.burson-marsteller.com ), established in 1953, is a leading global public relations and communications firm. It provides clients with strategic thinking and program execution across a full range of public relations, public affairs, advertising and web-related services. The firm’s seamless worldwide network consists of 68 offices and 70 affiliate offices, together operating in 96 countries across six continents. Burson-Marsteller is a part of Young & Rubicam Brands, a subsidiary of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), one of the world’s leading communications services networks.
Burson-Marsteller is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV.
Burson-Marsteller - 17 months ago
Burson-Marsteller is a one-stop shop for public relations services. It offers a range of related services, including advertising, brand...