Starting as an electronics wholesaler, Woot became the originator of the “one day, one deal” model. Today, as part of the Amazon.com family of companies, we offer daily deals in a variety of categories, including Home, Kids, Wine, Electronics, Sports, T-shirts, and more! This is just the beginning!
The tremendous growth of Woot over the last few years created huge challenges as well as opportunities for Woot to integrate with Amazon systems. As a result, Woot is looking for a Sr. Program Manager to participate in the migration project.
This role requires working with business owners to understand strategy, associated requirements, and timelines, as well as support cross functional teams. This position will also lead teams through design, delivery, management, and support, as well as it involves regular communication with senior management on roadmaps, progress, risks, and change control. Cross-team coordination, project management, and excellent communication skills are essential.
A successful candidate will have strong program management skills, and then partner with a technical team to deliver and deploy solutions in the sales compensation management system. You should have strong technical ability, great acumen, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will need to roll up your sleeves to do the definitional and set-up work as needed, and have a high level of ownership and accountability. The ideal candidate is a creative leader with superior analytical abilities across business and technology. At the core of the position is excellence in planning and execution.
· Gather appropriate business requirements and partner with technical team to design a scalable, flexible, and maintainable solution using best in class techniques
· Train internal teams throughout the implementation
· Work with our internal teams to facilitate and compile test scripts, test cases, and overall testing plans
· Document and communicate project status regularly to the company leadership
· Coordinate and communicate with internal stakeholders and project resources
· Lead the planning and execution of proposals, proof of concepts, and end user testing
· Demonstrate the ability to learn new application functionality and strive to be a subject matter expert
· Bandwidth permitting, lead or partner on other WW Sales Operations projects
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years of project management experience, leading technical and non-technical projects and programs
· A background working with ecommerce retail and internal system integration.
· Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, testing, and creating/deploying solutions to end users
· Partnered with technical teams to configure applications, execute technical implementations, and perform technical analysis
· Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
· Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills for leading change management, program communication, and end user training
· Ability to effectively communicate and influence both business and technical teams
· Solid understanding of financial reporting concepts
· BA/BS degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
· Experience in sales compensation, revenue reporting and/or territory management
· Experience owning mission critical, 24x7 systems
· Experience with Business Intelligence systems with an understanding of database concepts and data management
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to drive your projects to completion. Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
Amazon.com - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...