The Adler School of Professional Psychology, founded in 1952, is the oldest independent school of psychology in North America. The School provides graduate education in psychology and health service delivery with campuses in the heart of downtown Chicago and downtown Vancouver. Program offerings include three APA-accredited clinical psychology programs and eleven Master’s Degree programs at its Chicago location and four Master of Arts in Counseling at its Vancouver location. The Adler School is committed to continuing the pioneering work of its namesake, Alfred Adler. As part of that commitment, the School graduates socially responsible practitioners, engages in communities, and advances social justice.
If you can combine enthusiasm with genuine web know-how, we’d like to hear from you. Adler Online is looking for an individual who is highly organized, very creative, and a quick learner to join us as an intern.
Supporting our busy Multimedia Developer, Instructional Designer, and Instructional and Multimedia Consultant, you’ll play a vital role in producing Adobe Flash modules and videos. Your role will include assisting in the development of Flash and Captivate modules, Adler Online Helpdesk support, and assisting in video and audio recordings as well as editing.
You will gain experience working in a web-based educational environment, learn how to utilize a learning management system, and gain interpersonal skills by working in a team environment. You will also be able to help record and edit audio; candidates should be ready and willing to learn.
At the conclusion of the internship, the Accessible Technology Intern will be provided with paid registration to a local conference as selected by Adler Online.
Time Frame: 3 - 6 months, length to be determined at the time the position starts.
Work schedule: 20 hours per week within normal business hours.
- A candidate must be a graduate student, an undergraduate student or a recent graduate.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, ActionScript and multimedia applications skills including: Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Captivate, Sound Forge and Dreamweaver.
- Excellent interpersonal and group communication skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Assist in multimedia and administrative support for courses offered by Adler Online.
- Assist in designing, development and support of multimedia content in online and hybrid courses.
- Assist in designing multimedia and interactive course components, such as graphics, podcast, videos, interactive Flash, animation etc. using graphics and multimedia software.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .