- Minimum 8 years of experience in digital promotions and marketing
- Extremely strong work ethic with a willingness to work long hours where needed
- Expertise in digital advertising, cutting edge digital platforms, social/emerging media, general digital trends
- Experience working closely with creative teams as well as sales
- Expertise in project management and collaboration with multiple partners
- Understanding of RFP process from conception to execution
- Strong management skills and ease working collaboratively as part of a team
- Superior client service, interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Ability to thrive in high pressure situations
- Positive attitude and fun energy
- Bachelor's Degree
Duties: The Director of Digital Promotions & Marketing will act as the liason between FunnyOrDie.com and Turner Digital's Ad Sales team and create effective processes, tools and concepts to help the sales force maximize revenue while protecting the Funny Or Die brand.
The position will serve two aspects of the Funny Or Die digital ad sales business: Branded Entertainment (BE) and Media. Branded Entertainment sales will involve the custom creation of video content for advertising clients that will then be distributed throughout Turner's television networks, Turner Digital sites and FunnyOr.Die.com. The Media portion of the position sells custom packages and media around existing Funny Or Die content.
In addition to managing day-to-day promotions support for FunnyOrDie.com, the Director will also work closely with on-air counterparts to provide digital support and guidance as part of integrated Funny Or Die deals.
The person best suited for this position is someone who is highly organized and a seasoned project manager and yet understands and works well within the creative process. A high level of diplomacy, coolness under pressure and a sense of humor is strongly recommended.
This position reports into a Senior Director and will manage a Coordinator.
Day-to-Day Sales Support
- Manage day-to-day RFP flow: Work with Funny Or Die to concept creative custom packages to match client needs. Work closely with Branded Entertainment team to coordinate Branded Entertainment requests. Create compelling decks usually with tight deadlines that best showcase what Funny Or Die can do for advertisers.
- Manage the execution process: Once deals are sold, work in coordination with Funny Or Die or the Branded Entertainment team to project manage executions that result in flawless launches. Pro-actively manage resources to create seamless execution flow as well as trouble-shoot upon launch.
- Communications Management: The Director will be the primary liaison between News, Turner Entertainment, Turner Sports and Young Adult Marketing/Promotions and the BE team and will help develop and oversee processes to ensure communication amongst all partner organizations as well as seamless execution of multi-screen programs.
- Project Organization: Maintain sponsorship calendars and pitch tracker. Ensure that nothing falls through the gaps and there are no surprises for the site team, clients or sales. Coordinate closely with FoD team on process and deal flow.
- Create pro-active sales tools: Support capabilities pitches and thought-starter conversations with media kits, one-sheets and other compelling sales tools to generate interest in Funny Or Die.
- Create and manage processes to maximize resources, maintain smooth workflow between site and sales and find efficiencies where possible.
- Manage internal partner communications and effectively coordinate with on-air and cross-divisional counterparts to ensure smooth promotional processes and seamless execution of multi-screen programs.
- Work with Senior Director, site team and sales leads to develop marketing opportunities and sales products that will make Funny Or Die a must-buy for appropriate demo buys. Stay on top of competitive and innovations to enhance FoD offerings.
- Act as liason between the site and sales and along with the Senior Director, ensure a strong relationship with the site as well as ensure balance between sales needs and Funny Or Die's creative integrity.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
Turner Broadcasting - 17 months ago
The Turner Corporation, a subsidiary of German construction group HOCHTIEF, is one of the world's leading general building and...