BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC), headquartered in Baltimore, MD is the official humanitarian aid agency of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of North and Central America. Since its inception in 1992, IOCC has delivered $438 million in relief and development programs to families and communities in more than 50 countries.
IOCC seeks a full-time, motivated Business Development Officer to support and assist IOCC’s field offices in their pursuit of major funding to achieve their vision and mission. The Business Development Officer shall consult and liaise closely with the Regional Program Officer(s), provide on the job capacity development to field staff, and coordinate the preparation and timely submission of high-quality, responsive, realistic, and achievable major funding proposals.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support departmental efforts to capture and manage external resources to support the IOCC and its field offices’ programs.
- Lead the proposal development process in collaboration with the Regional Program Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, and the proposal development team members in the field and/or HQ.
- Meet and liaise with US based potential donors and partners to be informed of their strategies and latest financial opportunities, as well as of the type of interventions that are expected.
- In coordination with Partnerships and Public Relations Director, liaise with various NGOs and the private sector in order to identify partnership opportunities for IOCC.
- Analyze Federal, European, UN and other calls for proposals (RFAs and RFPs) and determine suitability for IOCC; coordinate the pursuit of funding opportunities.
- Take a leading role in reviewing, commenting and critiquing proposals; articulate IOCC’s comparative advantage in applications to make them competitive.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the contexts and needs in IOCC’s areas of interest, as well as of IOCC’s relative strengths and capacities.
- Serve as liaison and informational resource for HQ Programs Department and field office staff on new business opportunities.
- Constitute, coordinate, and guide ad hoc teams made up of field staff from the target country, including potential sub-partner staff, staff from HQ and staff from other IOCC country offices (as their knowledge and experience offer) to develop each new major grant proposal.
- Ensure the preparation and authorization of a complete proposal authorization package; assign roles and responsibilities within the ad hoc team, in consultation with their supervisors.
- Lead and ensure needs assessments are completed, in advance of RFA, including partner assessments.
- Schedule and lead the ad hoc team meetings, to brainstorm proposal strategies, approaches, methodologies to ensure a winning proposal.
- Coordinate activity selection and activity design by field staff.
- Interpret and clarify donor’s expectations, rules and regulations.
- Track or otherwise ensure receipt of supporting documents from various organizations, if / as required.
- Coordinate the writing of various sections, especially the technical approach, of field staff; critique, write and develop sections of the proposals as needed; edit, clarify and finalize the overall document; handle final submission of proposal package to donor.
- Liaise with field office and HQ finance staff for budget(s), budget narrative(s) and other financial-related narratives, if any.
- Create, update, and manage the administrative records generated through proposal development activities and enter all pre-award information into the office’s Intranet system.
- Maintain accurate timelines of all proposal development activities to ensure that project planning and donor deadlines are met.
- Research donor strategies and funding opportunities, and tracks RFA, RFP, APS cycles or any other open call for proposals of interest to IOCC.
- Coordinate the final production of grants including internal review and approval, copying, binding, distribution and mailing or online submission.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- 16 months ago - save job