Laureate Institute for Brain Research is looking for a Junior Systems Administrator .
This is an entry level help-desk position with an initial focus on supporting Apple’s Mac OSX, but with opportunities to learn other UNIX and Windows operating system support.
If you have the skills we are looking for in administration, but always preferred to work with OSX,
this is the position for you.
Under close department direction, the Junior Information System (IS) Administrator provides the technical expertise for support of a full-service, integrated information services environment, primarily through assignments from a helpdesk ticketing system. The Junior System Administrator helps to maintain smooth operations of the IS infrastructure and ensures high availability of all end-user systems and applications by use of monitoring, support tools and practices. The Junior System Administrator will also assist in ensuring a high level of security and performance controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. User Support - Provide support to associates on all company owned equipment and all company implemented Information Systems via email, phone, instant messenger and in person. Assign/maintain system access and user account setup and configuration for all LIBR employees.
2. Hardware Support - Provide hardware troubleshooting and maintenance services for all servers, desktop PCs, laptop computers, printers and other peripherals. Coordinate equipment service with outside vendors.
Work occasional after hours for technology support.
3. Software Support - Provide application software support of approved software to staff. Assist with software installation and customization for end users. Coordinate software service with outside vendors.
4. Documentation/Training/Knowledge – Document processes and procedures as it relates to IS operations. Develops and coordinates programs and initiatives to ensure quality of performance and currency of skills among staff within the organization in relation to technology. Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
5. Special Projects – Research and implement how to solve specific IS related problems relating to both internal IS and other associates. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor of computer science, computer engineering or equivalent work experience.
Licensure, Registration and/or Certification: Mac hardware certification preferred but not required.
Work Experience: 6 mo - 1 yr related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to utilize excellent customer service skills. Ability to be a team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills Ability and strong desire to learn as well as a self-starter.
Must be familiar with Windows (7 & 8), LINUX (Ubuntu, Fedora and RedHat) and UNIX (Solaris), with a special focus on OSX operating systems with some exposure to Microsoft Active Directory Services and the use of Microsoft Office applications. Working knowledge of the following a plus: Spice Works, Zmanda, XNAT, AFNI & MATLAB. Unix/Linix shell scripting skills desired.
Founded in 1960 by Natalie and William K. Warren, Sr., Saint Francis Health System is a not-for-profit leading healthcare provider for...