Job Requisition Number: 64903
Category: Information Systems - Database
Primary Location: Reston, VA, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel: None
Percent of Travel Required: None
64903 - DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR, EXPERT
Clearance required: TS/SCI with POLY+
Work location: Northern VA work sites
Note: This position requires candidates to currently hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance. Due to the classified nature of the program we are unable to advertise the specific polygraph. Details will be discussed with qualified candidates.
Project/Contract Details: This is a long-term contract with over 1500 positions. If you are looking for a contract that can provide you multiple assignments over the course of your career please apply for this position.
General Description: The Team will provide support in the full life-cycle of database management and administration, backup and recovery. Team members work in a multi-tasking, quick-paced, dynamic, process-improvement environment that requires experience with the principles of Very Large-Scale (Terabytes)/Enterprise Class environments. We are looking for dynamic, professional, team-oriented, self-motivated individual with good communication skills and positive attitude. The working hours: 9-5pm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform threshold forecasting, sizing, capacity planning, and trend analysis.
- Perform data loading (SQLLoader, Export/Import and Data Pump).
- Maintain, administer, dev, test and production RDBMS environments.
- Installation and building the database.
- Configuring the Oracle network environment.
- Managing the Oracle instance & database storage structures.
- Administering users and security.
- Monitoring the database and O/S.
- Performing the database migration, upgrades and patches.
- Performing the database tuning, backup and recovery.
- Ensure FISMA and Certification and Accredidation requirements are meet at the database level.
- Manage job and activity schedules to promote optimal performance, maximum availability and minimize data latency and data load durations.
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 16-18 years of related experience. (More Junior and Senior level positions available)
- The clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client.
- Expert in sizing, capacity planning, backup, and recovery planning with multi-terabyte data warehouse solutions in Oracle environments in Very Large-Scale Enterprise Class environments.
- Highly proficient in performance tuning MySQL/SQLServer/Oracle development skills - SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor and Explain Plan assessment, SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers, functions and transactions analysis, thorough understanding of indices and statistics (Query Optimizer) for Very Large-Scale databases.
- Develop scripts for the creation of the physical database schema(s), data security and protection, managing performance, performing backups/ restores, and archiving data.
- Install and configure Oracle for operation in multi-terabyte environments utilizing SAN storage systems.
- Ability to design, document and build physical database environments from table, column, index and view definitions to storage requirements and drive spacing and growth accommodations.
- Ability to manage, monitor and administer database and system performance.
- Ability to perform the optimization and tuning of data loads, extractions and recommending appropriate procedure, query or package changes and optimizations to ensure and improve system performance and reliability.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS methodologies and concepts, including and not limited to: ETL processes, Data migration.
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills, as well as strong written and oral communications skills and demonstrated ability to adjust to changing priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
- 10 years of RDBMS and business intelligence experience.
- Familiar with logical and design database development
- Familiar with Database Benchmarking Tools (e.g., Toad, DBArtisan Workbench, SQL Optimizer)
- Familiar with Database Benchmarking (Threshold Forecasting, Sizing, Capacity Planning, Trend/Predictive Analysis, Testing/Stressing, and recovery planning in Enterprise Class environments).
- Highly proficient in UNIX shell scripting
- Experience with Oracle 11g, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Automatic Storage Management (ASM), Oracle Streams Replication, Data Guard, and Grid computing
- High-level knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, UNIX, Solaris, and IBM-AIX)
- Ability to design and document data security and asset protection techniques that meet business requirements
- Ability to work with ETL developers and the O&M team to identify, design and implement solutions for the purposes of reporting, decision support.
- Familiar with implementing COT's products into an Enterprise Database
- Determine processes that should be developed/automated to improve efficiency and reliability
CACI International - 23 months ago
CACI provides information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence,...