The Human Resources Department Supervisor will report directly to the Store Manager and work closely with the store team on all HR functions and responsibilities. The primary day to day purpose and focus of this position is largely dictated by season and on the immediate needs of the business.
- Work with the Store Manager and Assistant Managers to develop hiring strategy to ensure staffing levels are maintained and to minimize hourly turnover
- Source, screen and interview applicants using the competency based interview guidelines found in hiring guide and through the group interview process
- Review and maintain Applicant tracking system
- Regularly schedule external recruiting in various selling oriented organizations to attract top talent
- Maintain store staffing to numbers required by store staffing model
- Conduct on-board orientation of new Team Members. Ensure use, execution, maintenance and administration of the on-boarding process through the learning management system.
- Lead the training and development of all Team Members to ensure compliance to the company's service/product knowledge and selling skills training standards
- Deliver and follow-up on various product knowledge learning initiatives rolled out throughout the year
- Responsible for the tracking of all required training through the R Learning System
Team Member data management in HR:
- Ensure Tax Credit compliance is 100% for all hires as well as adhering to all state and federal regulatory employment requirements inclusive of I-9 compliance, work permits and payroll practices, and Company minor regulations.
- Set up and maintain all new hire paperwork and Team Member files by following "R" Us family guidelines as well as maintaining confidentiality of these items
- Maintain employment posters
- Conduct routine HR assessment
- Assist with unemployment claims
- Ensure compliance with all government regulations and paperwork
Team Member satisfaction and engagement:
- Assign, maintain and monitor Single Sign On access and licenses
- Punch Edit Log Management
- HRIS System Maintenance
- Communicate Company benefit programs
- Coordinate store activities
- Monitor break room standards
- Assist with Team Member satisfaction surveys
- Monitor execution of Team Member Recognition policy
**Please note that we recruit for this position on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. When a position becomes available, we will review applicants at that time.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality to any sensitive information they have access to
- Able to read and speak English
- Facilitation and presentation skills preferred
- Experience in selling, guest service and HR preferred
- Excellent leadership/decision making, and follow up skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills
- Must possess computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Intranet) with the ability to learn systems and operations topics on an as-needed basis
- Ability to identify potential employee relations issues and take to the appropriate partner to bring forward a resolution
- Ability to identify Team Member strengths and developmental needs
- Ability to multitask and use multiple resources to generate applicants to fill open positions
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Toys"R"Us, Inc.!
HR Department Supervisor
Anchorage, AK SBS
8600 King Street
Toys R Us - 12 months ago
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping...