SOC Data Security Professional - Newark, DE
Remote Work Authorized
Nov 21, 2012, 3:21:55 PM
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes, recommends, and implements the installation of security software, locks, alarm systems, and other security measures to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information.
- Monitors and analyzes attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Identifies and investigates activities and conducts and provides analyses regarding results. Escalates issues to higher level associates.
- Monitors and assists in analyzing security systems for routers, switches and firewalls to ensure proper connectivity and configuration.
- Reviews computer logs and messages to identify and report possible violations of security. Coordinates, documents, and reports on internal investigations of security violations.
- Conducts tests to determine degree of stability of existing data security architecture.
- Interacts with customers to understand their security needs; assists in the development and implementation of procedures to accommodate them.
- Writes security status reports to provide system status, report potential and actual security violations and provide procedural recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in information systems security, computer science, or related field preferred
- Two or more years of experience in information systems security
- Experience working with company software and hardware products
- Experience working with domain structures and digital signatures
- Experience working with operating systems
- Experience working with firewall theory and configuration
- Experience working with security systems and implementation procedures
- Experience working with network software and hardware
- Experience working with computer desktop packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Communication skills to interact with team members, management, and support personnel
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of security systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
CSC - 15 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...