Since becoming an independent organization in 2002, BBYO has built a powerful platform of professionals, volunteers and teens who are capable of delivering a wide menu of compelling experiences to the Jewish teen audience. Since that time, the number of teen participants has more than doubled to 36,000, its North American staff has grown to over 100 professionals, and its budget exceeds $20 million. During the next five years, BBYO will fully leverage this platform by offering clearly defined learning objectives, more program experiences, more opportunities to connect and more substantive tools to measure impact, ultimately sending a more passionate generation of young Jews to campus and young adulthood.
Key Skills & Attributes Sought:
Examples of Areas of Responsibility:
- Solid administrative skills
- A positive attitude
- Attentive to details
- Strong tech skills (excellent facility & comfort with Microsoft Window Suite. Any kind of database experience is a plus.)
- Good writer
- Eager to learn
- Passionate about BBYO & supporting the growth of Jewish teens
The ideal candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, hard-working, and able to thrive as part of a team. Proficiency in Word, Outlook, and Excel is required. Solid writing skills and initiative are essential. Knowledge of the Jewish community is helpful, but it is not required. An ability to creatively solve problems and develop systems efficiently is especially valued. In addition, the successful candidate can perform basic office tasks and provide administrative support in a busy professional environment.
- Coordinate registration and assist in planning of Friends & Alumni Network (FAN) events
- Preliminary planning for annual DC Gala (Nov/Dec in Montgomery County. Details TBD)
- Data entry and research in database
- Support fundraising/marketing and field staff on various projects
- Coordinate mailings and electronic communication for FAN events and FAN appeals
- Draft thank you letters, acknowledgements, marketing, print materials as needed
- Assist in preparation for FAN meetings (scheduling, logistics, preparation of materials)
- Manage vendor relationships and research vendors, as needed
- Assist with select large NRE-DC Council events and East Coast Kallah
This position is located at the BBYO office in the Jewish Community Center in Rockville, MD. The position is part-time (approximately 15 hours a week).