We are currently seeking an Information Protection Senior Specialist for our IT department located in Wayne, PA.
Main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for all aspects of information systems security for GENEX services to ensure the protection of information processed, stored or transmitted.
• Security oversight includes both existing environments as well as new project implementations.
• Providing strategic information security direction by keeping current on security trends and assessing relevance to GENEX.
• Creating and recommending IT security architecture/designs, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures to ensure alignment with IT standards and overall IT security strategy.
• Ensuring high-level integration of application development with information security policies and strategies.
• Technical Lead for Security driven projects that address risk & vulnerability.
• Security Incident Response process owner to execute and communicate.
• Determining procedures and schedules for upgrades, repairs, modifications and replacements of information security systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, typically 8 or more years solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of 5 years experience in information protection, or the equivalent in education and work experience is required.
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification preferred.
• Ability to understand complex application systems and recommend application design and coding approaches to mitigate security risk.
• Ability to gather information and produce detailed security documents and diagrams. Microsoft Viso knowledge or experience a plus!
• Security role is unique within the company which requires candidate to work independently and also collaboratively with other teams to achieve security objectives.
• Works with a sense of urgency, ownership and accountability.
• Proficient knowledge of security technology safeguards, technologies, and operating systems security configuration management.
• Knowledge of technical architecture development and application development methodologies from a security perspective.
• Proficient technical knowledge of all security safeguards used in a complex system infrastructure including: firewall technologies, encryption based security safeguards and standards, access control facilities, major operating system security configurations, database security for Oracle & SQL, data and network encryption technologies and products.
• Strong security technical expertise in one or more of distributed and midrange host environments.
• Must possess a strong network security understanding in a multi-protocol LAN/WAN environment and a strong understanding of host and network intrusion detection and monitoring methodologies.
GENEX - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1995, Genex designs, builds, and deploys powerful, yet easy-to-use solutions for clients in a variety of industries. Genex has...