Gerber Life Insurance Company is hiring! We have been providing superior quality life insurance products since 1967! We offer an array of insurance products to meet the needs of individuals and families, including The Grow-Up® Plan, The Gerber Life College Plan, and adult coverage products, including Term Life, Whole Life, Guaranteed Life, and Accident Protection. As an affiliate of Gerber Products Company, “the baby food people,” the two companies share a common goal: to help parents raise happy, healthy children. Gerber Products Company and Gerber Life are companies of the Nestle organization.
Gerber Life Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer.
POSITION SUMMARY: Process large volumes of insurance applications in a production environment.
• Process, assess, and classify degree of risk represented by a proposed insured on underwritten new business and reinstatement applications.
• Make decisions and take final action on applications in multiple systems.
• Order requirements, review, summarize, and assess requirements including but not limited to financial, exam, laboratory (blood and urine tests), motor vehicle, criminal, and medical records or information .
• Prepare files for Sr. Underwriter review.
• Process policy reviews and rescissions, working with management to determine validity of contract in regards to policy provisions and material misrepresentation.
• Contact customers by telephone regarding applications (provide status, why decline, indicate outstanding requirements, etc.).
• Interact with Sales and Service reps regarding applications (provide status, why decline, indicate outstanding requirements, etc.).
• Reply to phone calls and sensitive situations, answer internet inquiries, process concerns and complaints.
• Assist in training and quality control.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• High School diploma
• Associate’s degree preferred
• 3 plus years relevant work experience
• Excellent knowledge of basic business processes, workflow and systems
• Strong/Advanced knowledge of medical conditions and terminology
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Quality and Customer Service advocate
• Advanced level of PC skills
• Ability to work in a multi-task environment
• Excellent judgment, problem solving, decision-making and follow-through skills
• Ability and accuracy in analyzing/summarizing detailed information
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Ability to assess department workload and provide general direction and guidance to others
• Ability to coach and mentor both peers and associates at the Assistant level|
Nestlé is the world's largest food and nutrition company. Founded and headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland, Nestlé originated...