Position Summary :
The Production Supervisor is responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising daily activities of assigned area of responsibility to insure efficient production. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for insuring all tasks performed by the production team are performed safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality and Reliability (SQR) and our corporate strategy.
Essential Job Functions :
Must be able to perform essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Support and participate in the plant’s safety process.
- Oversee daily activities of assigned shift. Use high degree of concentration and through knowledge of the operations process to supervisor employees. Involve daily communication with Production Manager, Leads, and all employees necessary in the operations process.
- Plan, coordinate and advise department employees of work to be completed daily.
- Oversee daily set up of machinery and equipment prior to production for efficient and effective operation.
- Monitor production process to insure smooth flow. Receive and resolve operation problems for shift.
- Monitor performance of department employees to insure they follow established standards and procedures such as safety, housekeeping, etc. Discipline employees as needed after consulting with Production Manager.
- Give verbal and written reports daily to Production Manager and any other necessary personnel to submit appropriate documentation and communication.
- Visually inspect products and/or operations to insure quality of products and/or work. Insure plant achieves 85% reliability on production lines.
- Insure Factory Report-It edits are made daily to reflect actual efficiencies and accurate downtime.
- Hold communication meetings twice per month with shift personnel.
- Develop shift leads for successor training.
- Carry out corporate GMP’s, personnel and safety policies while maintaining discipline within the plant.
- Perform other various job functions as may be assigned.
Follow all food safety policies and requirements:
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety related systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of department operations and procedures.
- Ability to speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for internal/external relations.
- Ability to understand complex verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to write brief reports and log documentation.
- College degree and/or equivalent experience required.
- Basic math and computer skills required.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
Kroger - 23 months ago