If you are an experienced Linux engineer who is passionate about Linux and building the platform to support the world’s premier E-Commerce and cloud computing environments, then this is the job for you.
The Linux Kernel and Operating Systems team is responsible for developing, building, testing, and deploying the Linux images that support the Amazon E-Commerce platforms and Amazon Web Services. We’re a small aggressive team that makes things happen, with a preference for building tools and automation whenever possible to do the product building, testing, deployment, monitoring, and support.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated System Engineer to join the team. The ideal candidate would be innovative and have great problem solving and analytical skills. They are able to understand software internals, debug problems using a variety of techniques, and write automation with Python or Perl scripts and user-level tools. They will be entirely comfortable with the Linux operating system, and are confident using and configuring Linux installers, Linux operating system build tools, and Linux image build tools. Experience managing highly scalable fleets is also highly desired.
We are changing the way that people use computers and the Linux team is at the core of pushing the future of our technology platform--come help us make history!
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of industry experience focused on Linux.
- Proficiency in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software and management tools.
- Scripting proficiency with shell and either Perl or Python.
** Please email Christen Miller (email@example.com), if you have any questions. Thank you.**
- BS in Computer Science.
- 5+ years of industry experience focused on Linux including both software development and system administration.
- A solid understanding of the Linux boot process and problem diagnosis.
- Experience maintaining open source packages and/or working with the open source community.
- Experience packaging software with RPM.
- Experience maintaining large scale Linux implementations.
- Proficient with Python, capable with Perl, and familiar with C, C++, and Java.
Amazon.com - 6 months ago
Amazon.com, Inc. (Amazon.com) operates retail Websites and offers programs that enable third parties to sell products on its Websites. The C...