Travel within a geographic sales territory making face to face sales calls that develop customer relationships and enhance selling opportunities. Execute a sales plan that is a continuation of consultative financial selling to target accounts and tactical selling via line conversions & new item sales. Deliver/convert marketing & sales strategies into sales growth at current customers, identify potential new accounts for growth, and drive the ORS Nasco value of wholesale (VOW) to a broad customer mix.
- Face to face selling at customer’s place of business-targeted opportunities with base business and competitive line conversions.
- Provide consultative sales using financial acumen to dollarize & deliver sales conversions with the value of wholesale (VOW). Target & convert sales opportunities with LRP impact, close sales on vendor conversion initiatives, and develop senior level relationships with principle owners.
- Manage multiple tasks that involve conflict resolution for customers & ORS Nasco associates
- Effectively communicate with both internal & external customers – manage bids, quotes, expense completion, competitive information, trade shows, threats & opportunities, and sales follow up.
- Utilize reports and other sales analysis tools to identify opportunities and retain and grow accounts.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven territory management experience and outside sales experience is required.
- Computer skills including e-mail, Power Point, Word and Excel are all sales critical.
This position will be assigned an existing book of business within an assigned territory and will be provided with a vehicle, computer, phone and other tools necessary to successfully manage and grow the territory.
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years wholesale or industrial markets experience & the ability to sell the financial acumen of wholesale.
United Stationers - 14 months ago
Don't think that United Stationers is just another paper pusher. The company is a leading wholesale distributor of office supplies and...