Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 70,000 people.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
The primary function of the sales rep is to serve as the face of Abbott Animal Health to the customer and the distributor field sales representatives. The person is responsible for highlighting product features and benefits to potential and existing customers in order to persuade them to purchase Abbott products. The person is also responsible for motivating distributor sales reps and gaining their commitment to selling Abbott products.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
- Achieve Territory Sales goals.
- Update sales call information daily in Abbott’s Salesforce.com System.
- Managing the growth of Anesthesia products, AlphaTRAK and Fluid Therapy business to include selling to new accounts while training, supporting, and developing all current accounts on a continuous basis.
- Managing 5 – 15 distributor reps for the respective sales territory. This includes ensuring the distributor reps are spending adequate time on Abbott products, are focused on the right accounts, are well trained, and understand and execute all existing Abbott programs.
- Implementing all special programs, either product or customer specific, as launched or directed from the AH Management Team.
- Creating markets through key opinion leader development, customer connectivity, Selling to Reference, ensuring positive customer experiences with Abbott products, and executing on all Market Creation programs or directives handed down by AAH Management.
- Support the continued growth of all Abbott products.
Responsible for achieving individual territory sales goals. Also responsible to the completion of territory Impact Goals.
Must reside in territory.
- Bachelor's degree with major in life sciences or business (required).
- Minimum of five years of territory healthcare sales experience.
- Animal Health industry preferred.
- Leads by example.
- Runs the businesses to achieve specific goals with a clearly defined, time-bound, executable strategy … always move with a purpose.
- Sets clear goal oriented actions with distributors and follows up to make sure that they are driving towards a common goal and helping our overall product growth in any given area.
- Serves as consultants to customers and distributor partners to ensure customer intimacy and builds value in every sales call through understanding the customer’s world.
- Develops strategies to effectively execute marketing programs and sets timelines to achieve them.
- Communicates market data, ideas and feedback to the Marketing department to ensure they are part of the journey.
- Respond to the needs of internal and external customers in a timely fashion.
- Provides education and training that demonstrates value added solutions to our customers.
- Accepts responsibility for actions and finds solutions to obstacles.
- Seeks knowledge through personal development to understand the value that our products can deliver to our customers.
- Takes ownership of the plan (quotas) and develops actions to meet expectations and consistently raises the performance bar.
- Is committed to teammates’ growth, development and success through constant and consistent communication, encouragement and challenging them to be the best they can be by sharing best practices.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Abbott Laboratories - 9 months ago