Responsible for the organization's operations relating to gas compression, productions, and new product technologies. Formulates and implements company operations and engineering policies and procedures to facilitate activities according to corporate standards. Responsible for a geographic section of the US and the long range planning and profitability of the portion of the US.
- Assists in the development of the annual operating budget for assigned district and responsible for executing and maintaining the budget.
- Responsible for ensuring that operating procedures necessary for an efficient, effective operating organization are followed throughout district.
- Makes suggestions on corporate operations and engineering policies.
- Directs the ongoing operations and activities in assigned district toward the accomplishment of district objectives.
- Help define and achieve district objectives; helps develop specific short and long-range plans and programs together with supporting budget requests.
- Assumes responsibility for decisions of specific/special problems regarding operating equipment and operations personnel.
- Works closely to coordinate operations and customer requirements for the best company projection possible.
- Works closely with other company managers regarding personnel policies, procedures, and budget planning and execution.
- Ensures operating areas are properly managed relative to safety and environmental needs/requirements.
- Ensures operating personnel are properly trained.
- Provides direction to direct reporting personnel.
- Performs other duties that may, from time to time be assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining the district annual operations budget.
- Assumes responsibility for the operation of pipeline and compressor equipment.
- Assumes responsibility for the operations of process plant in assigned district.
- Must be able to interact effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Superb customer service, teambuilding, interpersonal relationship skills.
- Demonstrate expertise in a variety of field concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Valid drivers license
- Read, write, speak and understand basic English
- Demonstrates sound work ethics.
- Customer service orientation
- Working knowledge of relevant HSE procedures and regulations
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university (preferably in Mechanical Engineering)
- Eight years experience with high speed and slow speed gas compression equipment.
- Possess thorough knowledge of compressor packages including all component and systems
- Requires management experience of large multi-site organization preferably in the oil and gas service business.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Valerus Compression Services serves the compression needs of the oil and gas industry. Its products, which are used in older wells, include...