Technical Architect – Hardware Partner Alliances
SUSE, an Attachmate Group company
We are seeking an exceptional individual to serve as a technical expert and business development visionary as we strive to create new synergies and technology focused routes to market with our IHV partners. You will work closely with assigned alliance managers in evangelizing SUSE’s portfolio of Open Source products.
You will conduct product demonstrations, help the partner’s technical staff address infrastructure and integration issues and provide proofs of concept to meet the needs of our partners with a focus on real-world, customer scenarios.
You, in conjunction with assigned alliance managers, will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales targets. You will be part of an aggressive organization, but will remain, at the core, a technical expert who actively participates in the sales process.
Provide highest level of technical knowledge of SUSE’s product portfolio, especially focused on SUSE Linux and SUSE Cloud.
Technically enable partner engineering and product organizations.
Work with partner organizations and assigned alliance managers to initiate and qualify new business development opportunities within the alliance partners.
Initiate and/or assist in proposal creation for creative integrated solutions within the product set of the assigned category.
Take a pro-active leadership role in designing, creating, installing, and supporting Proof-of-Concept/Product Pilots. Communicate and demonstrate the technical features and customer/partner benefits of SUSE products and solutions to solve identified customer problems and achieve customer/partner opportunities.
Drive expert-level communication of customer/partner feedback and market experience to product management organization within SUSE.
Identify new opportunities in conjunction with the alliance partners’ go-to-market that can be satisfied by SUSE solutions, products, and services.
Provide sales enablement and training assistance in partner opportunities as leads are qualified and pursued.
Provide product and solutions knowledge transfer to partners, SUSE sales people, and peers as it relates to positive opportunity development and revenue.
Participate in relevant marketing events including trade shows, seminars and conferences as subject matter expert.
Reports to the Senior Director, Hardware Partner Alliances.
- First and foremost, a technical expert who can operate effectively in a sales environment
- Deep knowledge in Linux (SUSE preferred, but other versions acceptable), Windows, common virtualization platforms and state-of-the-art management solutions in these environments.
- Experience with open source software in the enterprise environment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Sales or Presales or Technical Support roles
- Solution architecture and implementation experience
- Excellent networking, presentation, and communication skills
- Strong sales orientation
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented
- Bachelors degree in technology or comparable experience
- Willingness to travel 40%+
With more than 340 employees, SuSE Linux AG is one of the world's largest Linux specialists. Thanks to its stability and quality, SuSE Linux...