The Kim Komando Show is seeking a strong writer to generate new, exciting and informative content for our website, electronic guides and subscription-based digital publications.
This is a tremendous opportunity to work in a growing media environment. You will work closely with a team of highly experienced professionals in a true multimedia atmosphere.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in journalism or communications, experience in media and be able to provide accurate, highly readable copy on recurring deadlines. While you will write primarily for "print" (digital), experience in writing attention-grabbing SEO-friendly headlines, snappy scripts for videos and strong social media knowledge would also be helpful skills.
The Kim Komando Show is the nation's largest talk radio show about everything digital. It broadcasts every weekend on more than 470 commercial radio stations in the United States. The show also streams live in HD video to paying subscribers.
The companion website, with monthly traffic of more than 10 million page views, contains thousands of helpful articles concerning all things digital. Additionally, 7 email newsletters are sent daily and weekly to 12 million subscribers. We also produce informational publications, e-books, consumer buying guides, audio podcasts and short video segments.
- Solid experience as a writer in a publishing environment
- Produces quickly, calmly and proficiently under multiple deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism or communications
- Minimum 2-5 years of professional writing experience
- Familiarity with AP style
- A team player who will work well in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to cheerfully take direction and constructive criticism
- Learns quickly and is willing to take on new roles and responsibilities as needed
Salary commensurate with experience. Position offers full benefits package including healthcare and 401(k) with employer match. This is a full-time, onsite position with defined business hours (8-5); we don't telecommute.
- Interest in and knowledge of consumer electronics and the digital space
- Proficiency in MS Office, Wordpress and Web publishing
- HTML editing is a plus
- Some experience covering the digital/electronics industry
- Passionate and knowledgeable about trends in the digital/electronics field
- Professional experience in social media and/or blogging
- Email-based customer service skills a plus
- Knowledge of Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, anime or similar areas
Please do not apply if you are not a local applicant in the Phoenix metro area. We are conveniently located in Phoenix, close to the 202 and SR 51.
To apply in confidence, please submit your resume, a cover letter, any appropriate work samples and the sample Tip outlined below to
. Submissions including the sample Tip will be given first consideration.
In addition to your resume, please submit a sample Tip of the Day that answers this question:
"Dear Kim, my son told me my browser might be out of date. What is a browser? Is it the same thing as email or search? Thank you."
The Tip should adhere to our writing style and length. You can browse our Tips at http://www.komando.com/tips/.
*This submission is for review only and will not be used in any production capacity.