About Work Market, Inc.
Work Market is a new venture, backed by Spark Capital and Union Square Ventures . We are building a modular web platform, designed to power anyone or any business to efficiently deliver and manage labor and services. WM was founded by Jeffrey Leventhal, who previously founded the on-site services marketplace OnForce.com .
Our aspirations are grand, and we have lots to do to win at this and change the world with our labor platform. Here is our commitment to you: You will be surrounded by ambitious, super smart people who like to push the envelope with technology. We're building stuff that simply has not been built before. In return, we ask that: You be in touch with the real world; you think, live and breathe like a user of our system. We only do well if we develop the best user experiences possible. Applications that touch people as deeply as the stuff we build is as much art as it is science. We're working hard to build the best technology team ever assembled. So...best team, EVERY labor engagement in one platform - sound crazy? Still interested? Read on...
- Directly manages the day-to-day work of a team of Java developers to through software development life-cycle
- Ensures quality of core system deliverables while adhering to timing and cost needs of the business
- Works with back end architect to formulate execution plan of core system functionality and assists with scoping
- Provides input to VP of Technology on resourcing and scoping of current and future software releases
- Liaises with quality assurance team to evaluate software bugs and delegate fixes when appropriate.
- Leads code reviews to ensure code delivery is compliant with best practices and industry standards
- Helps build and define software delivery processes, including continuous integration, unit testing and architecture compliance
- Delegates tasks to junior developers, mentoring them when needed
- Works with variety of personality types and maintains a can-do attitude
- Works with infrastructure team to implement software roll-out procedures
- Ensures code base is properly documented and maintainable
Technical Skills - Required:
- 8+ years of progressive experience developing complex Java / J2EE applications
- 3+ years leading a team of multiple developers (three or more)
- Experience working with modular, component based systems
- Experience building software using scrum/agile methodologies
- Experience working with work-flow and dynamic BPM systems using an SOA approach
- Experience developing high-volume transactional systems, including implementing sharding and caching strategies
- Experience developing/using public APIs for systems integration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing developing unit testing suites
- Strong experience leveraging open source frameworks as part of building software solutions
- BS in Computer Science or related degree
- Java / J2EE (8+ years)
- Spring and related frameworks (Hibernate, Acegi) (3+ years)
- Experience building Service Oriented Architectures using SOAP/REST (3+ years)
- Experience publishing/consuming APIs (2+ years)
- Hands-on experience using RDBMS systems, especially MySQL Databases (7+ years)
- XML and related technologies (XQuery, XPath) (2+ years)
- Lucene/Compass and/or other search technologies (3+ years)
- JUnit (2+ years)
- Linux (5+ years)
- Ant and/or Maven (5+ years)
- Resin/Tomcat/JBoss Application Servers (5+ years)
Work Market is a platform for management of labor and human resource services. We give businesses access to an on-demand scalable work force...