Every day brings new challenges for Audit Services. Our team works with groups throughout the company, offering a wide variety of services ranging from process improvement and risk solutions to pre-audit readiness and evidence standards review. Join us and you'll build an in-depth understanding of everything Symetra does and lay the groundwork for additional career opportunities.
The Auditor will participate in the planning, testing, and documentation of financial, operational and compliance audits. This position will participate on internal audit projects, and be responsible for the communication of observations, recommendations and conclusions reached to the Auditor in Charge and Audit Manager.
- Provide support to internal audit engagement teams by assisting with the planning for and auditing of processes and controls in accounting, finance, and operations to ensure accuracy, completeness, effectiveness and reliability.
- Perform financial, operational, and compliance audits throughout the company.
- Perform and document Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing and walkthroughs.
- Assist Audit Senior with various tasks including planning, organization of documentation, meeting scheduling and other administrative tasks associated with the audit.
- Support process owners in assessing their workflows and internal control environment; identify issues, make value-added recommendations, and ensure those recommendations are implemented on a timely basis.
- Assist external auditors with interim and year-end substantive audit work.
- Work independently and with others to complete assigned audits and other projects.
- Develop understanding of company operations, including specific insurance and financial services industry practices.
- Present regular status updates and communicate findings to audit team.
- Report to Internal Audit Senior and Manager.
- Lead risk and control discussions with management.
- Lead small projects.
- 4 year business degree in accounting or finance.
- 2 – 4 years public accounting, internal auditing or related experience preferred.
- Experience with SOX or integrated audits preferred.
- Experience with insurance and financial services industries preferred.
- CPA, CIA, or candidate for either.
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment.
- Ability to manage time and work independently to complete tasks.
- Ability to quickly grasp tasks.
- Strong organizational skills.
Symetra’s been around for more than 50 years. We’re experienced, stable, financially strong and just what you need from an...