Building on a solid foundation as a well-respected and deeply rooted community hospital, UPMC Passavant has been transformed in recent years as an advanced care center, providing highly specialized medical and surgical treatment by expertly trained and renowned physicians.
As UPMCs tertiary care center north of Pittsburgh, this state-of-the-art hospital offers UPMCs brand of world-class medical care at two convenient campuses in McCandless and Cranberry. In 2010, UPMC Passavant opened its new seven-story patient pavilion, tripling cancer services to 27,000 square feet of space, doubling the size of the emergency department to 21,000 square feet, and increasing the hospitals capacity to accommodate 60,000 patients annually.
The Unit Director, Emergency Department is responsible for approximately 70 FTEs. This is a 32-bed ED along with an 8-bed Clinical Decision Unit
UPMC also offers a variety of benefit options designed to provide personal security, convenience, and assistance to you and your family. With this flexibility and choice, you can decide which options best meet your needs.
- MSN preferred
- BSN at time of hire or transfer into position
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive leadership experience with relevant clinical experience preferred
- Analytical ability necessary to evaluate staff, address and improve clinical issues and devise solutions to complex problems
- Leadership ability to develop staff, establish and maintain standards of performance within a national context for professional nursing practice and comply with administrative requirements
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to effectively create relationships with patients, families, staff, physicians and hospital personnel including senior management in both written and verbal communication
- Current Pennsylvania registered professional nurse licensure
- ACT 33, 34, 73
Network with us! Did you know UPMC Careers is now on Facebook and Twitter? Become part of our network and learn about the latest career opportunities, recruitment events, news releases, career tools, and much more
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
- 4 years ago - save job
UPMC is one of the leading nonprofit health systems in the United States. A $10 billion integrated global health enterprise headquartered in...