Under Armour is looking for a qualified, driven Designer, Footwear. This is an opportunity to be part of a great success story, as Under Armour continues to impact the business like no other company has.
There are various opportunities in Under Armour’s Run, Train and Cleated divisions. We are located at our headquarters in Baltimore, MD, with the design studio in the ultimate creative loft environment overlooking the Chesapeake Bay. You will work collaboratively with your performance team and director to create innovative and industry leading footwear product.
What will I do at UA?
- Create product designs that meet UA’s design vision and parameters created by the marketing team.
- Provide product conceptualization, illustration and technical detailing of product, graphics and technical specifications.
- Own a variety of projects ranging from upper and bottoms, to color and materials, graphics and presentations.
- Partner with the Design team to establish a design language that fits with the category as well as the Brand direction
What does UA need from me?
- BFA or BID in Industrial Design
- 3 + years performance footwear design experience
- Solid understanding of performance footwear design, construction and materials. Should be versed in manufacturing techniques and have experience working at the factories on development issues.
- Expert ability to express concepts and ideas through hand sketching.
- Understanding of patterns, blueprints, molds and materials.
- Must be creative, detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks and work under pressure to successfully meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent Mac computer skills with full proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop. Other computer skills: Alias sketchbook pro, 3D, Microsoft Office.Experience working with factories in Asia and ability to travel for development trips.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
[Designer II - Footwear ] - [Footwear ] - [Corporate Headquarters ]
Under Armour - 16 months ago
Under Armour (NYSE: UA) is a leading developer, marketer and distributor of branded performance products for men, women and youth. As of...