Position Purpose |
The purpose of this position is to lead Product Support Technicians and provide senior technical support . Lead functions include training of Product Support staff and working with the Director, Product Support daily to manage and assign tasks.
Provides technical and operational guidance to junior staff. Provides technical support on a 24/7 basis. Assists Customer Service Representatives (CSR's) and Quality Assurance (QA); liaison between CSR's and QA. Performs regression and integration testing on field release software candidates; documents all defects; ensures correction of defects until all software releases function per specifications as defined. Enters and updates SDE tickets with pertinent information about issues. Builds, configures, and tests all proposed configuration changes for machines, software, and networking; provides results of tests to management for decisions on implementation to the live network. Assists in troubleshooting problems on the live network. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment where teamwork is an essential part of daily activities; available to work weekends, holidays and extended hours whenever necessary. Must possess a high integrity regarding confidential and sensitive information; some travel required.
- Gather staff responsibilities and assignments for Product Support Manager and other shift leads
- Work alongside Technicians, and provide technical support.
- Lead and Mentor Product Support Technicians.
- Takes/handles escalated product support calls from CSR’s.
- Initiates, researches, and authors SDE entries.
- Understand and be able to explain all Rocket Fastplay components.
- Thorough understanding of how Fastplay operates.
- Troubleshoot all Rocket Components, read and understand logs.
- Build Custom reports.
- Detailed knowledge of SQL systems, scripting, and troubleshooting tools
- Tests regression and integration of proprietary software.
- Debugs and documents errors and/or enhancements related to all proprietary software packages.
- Manages test bed environment; completes daily checklists as assigned.
- Builds, configures, and installs field equipment (i.e., servers and Point-of-Sales (POS).
- Follows applicable checklists to perform Service Requests.
- Provides information upon request to assist other techs and co-workers.
- Promotes good public relation skills and assists staff members in providing a strong, confident public image for customers.
- Follows all safety guidelines defined by the manufacturer of any equipment that is worked on.
- Documents all installation assignments; maintains records of time spent at specific installation sites.
- 24/7 “On-call” schedule rotation.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good understanding of Rocket System.
- Ability to maintain good team morale, and provide positive and corrective feedback to fellow employees.
- Ability to effectively train and guide technical staff.
- Ability to read and understand logs from each Fastplay component.
- Ability to start and decode packet captures
- Ability to read and understand advanced logging, write detailed analysis of problems and report issues to mgmt, and other depts.
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify un-common problems.
- Ability to author detailed descriptions of problems and relay information to management of other departments.
- Ability to follow checklists and written instructions.
- Ability to plan resources, schedule tasks and provide written results to Product Support Manager.
- Thorough understanding of Ticket Escalation System and procedures
- Ability to image servers and install Rocket proprietary software following prepared checklists.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend corrective action.
- Ability to identify common network components and explain their purpose.
- Ability to troubleshoot network level hardware and software using advanced commands.
- Ability to read and write SQL queries, read output and explain results.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly and provide peer level training.
Experience & Education
- 3 – 5 yr experience PC Hardware & Networking
- Required experience in a Gaming related business.